DVDVR Message Board

2016 NBA OFFSEASON

RIPPA

33 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'm halfway convinced that Ainge has no plan. This selection doesn't help them in the near future nor was it the guy that either Chicago or Philly wanted.  It's great to stockpile picks, it's terrible to have no clue how to use them.

Step One: Acquire assets

Step Two:????

Step Three: Title. . .

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKLLjW3AAFNcTWJozD3fo

6 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

If they can get Okafor then maybe.  I don't think Noel is worth the #3 

It's a moot point now, but Noel is leaps and bounds more valuable than Okafor. 

Also, why does Wilbon keep saying that the Celtics are the team closest to overtaking the Cavs in the East? This is hilariously wrong. You gotta actually turn all those draft picks in to something. 

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'm halfway convinced that Ainge has no plan. This selection doesn't help them in the near future nor was it the guy that either Chicago or Philly wanted.  It's great to stockpile picks, it's terrible to have no clue how to use them.

No plan?  The Sixers would like to discuss this with you because they clearly have no plan.

• Like 1

Not a huge fan of the Ibaka trade unless they know they can bring in a legit guard via another trade or free agency and thus deemed Oladipo expendable. They still have two young guards in Payton and Hezonja.

If Vucevic is your center, you do need someone like Ibaka beside him. You can also slide Ibaka to center and play Aaron Gordon at the 4 with him for a freakishly athletic front court.

49 minutes ago, evilwaldo said:

No plan?  The Sixers would like to discuss this with you because they clearly have no plan.

The Kings are also calling on line two. . . . actually, now that I think about it, even the Sixers are up on the Kings. Hinkie's plan didn't work, but that's better than Vlade at this point.

12 hours ago, Charlie M. said:

Not a huge fan of the Ibaka trade unless they know they can bring in a legit guard via another trade or free agency and thus deemed Oladipo expendable. They still have two young guards in Payton and Hezonja.

If Vucevic is your center, you do need someone like Ibaka beside him. You can also slide Ibaka to center and play Aaron Gordon at the 4 with him for a freakishly athletic front court.

I think it was a pretty good move.  Oladipo is a good player, but his poor shooting limited the lineups Orlando could use him in, especially next to Payton.  Ibaka's not the player he was a couple years ago, but he still gives them badly-needed shooting and solid defense.  An Ibaka/Gordon frontcourt can switch on almost everything and won't totally kill their spacing.

In a vacuum I'm not crazy about Maker to the Bucks, but I think they'll be active in trades so I'm withholding judgement.

17 hours ago, evilwaldo said:

Maker to the Bucks is the reason why 90% of the NBA GM's are horrible.

I assume that means he's going to be a massive bust?

• Like 1

If he pans out, he will be a fantastic player. I am giddy thinking about a team with Point Giannis and Thon Maker in the starting 5. For a top heavy draft, I like swinging for the fences like that when picking at 10. Chad Ford was surprised Ujiri didn't take him at 9.

Massive.  The Bucks now have to teach him to play basketball since he went from high school to the NBA.

If they stash him in the D league for three years and teach him how to play maybe they will get something.

You would think that a team who had a massively disappointing season would draft someone who could provide some immediate help at 10.  Like most GM's they get sucked into measurables and upside over ability leading to horrible picks like this one.