DVDVR Message Board

2016 NBA OFFSEASON

RIPPA

McMillan's teams always generated and took a huge number of threes, way before it was in fashion. I wouldn't be surprised if he has more modern ideas that a lot of people realize. 

Im in not sure it's the greatest hire considering who he is replacing, but McMillan got really screwed with such bad luck in Portland. He deserves another shot, and he's proven he can maximize a star at every job he's had. I hope he does well.

As I called back in January, the Heat are now unsure if Chris Bosh is ever going to play again.   If he retires, insurance pays some of the money, and his salary *MAY* come off the cap retroactively to when he stopped playing.  

SAVE_US.KD35

1 hour ago, Rocco said:

Whats the deal with Kings and Raptors not being able to win the lottery?  

Kings gave the Sixers the right to swap picks in a trade. So if they hit on the top pick Sixers are taking it. Same thing with the Raptors since they own the Knicks pick. Denver can swap with the Knicks. If neither team moves that is already happening. Knicks have the 7th slot and Denver 9th so Raptors would be picking 9th with the Denver's pick. The Sixers pick is high enough that if that happened the Kings would still end up in a better position. For that to happen for the Raptors both the Knicks pick and Denver pick has to jump into the top 3. The odds of that happening is very slim. Best Raptors could do is getting the 2nd pick with Denver getting the first pick. The odds of that is .0017%

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kuetsar said:

With all this drama, I want a team that would pick at the bottom to jump up to number one SO bad, if its the Jazz, all the better. . . 

It happened with the Bulls when they snagged D Rose. I don't remember exactly, but it was somewhere around a 1% chance.  Maybe Stern rigged that one though... 

As someone pointed out on the radio - this would be the most Wizards like scenario if this was the year they got the miracle #1 pick since it really is a very meh draft

26 minutes ago, Cole Miner said:

Still feel like this is going to end up with Minnesota getting the top pick. 

Me too. And that is going to be the scariest young lineup since at least when we first started realizing how good Westbrook and Harden were in OKC.

1-2-3,4,5 Sixers!!! 10-9-8-76ers!!! My season tickets are now worth more than the paper they are printed on (OK, more than the plastic card they are loaded on)!

• Like 1

So does this mean the Sixers will actually try to win games now?  Or they need another 2 or 3 years of tanking to be productive.  Not sure if Simmons the person is the guy to build your team around but the player I can see

44 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Me too. And that is going to be the scariest young lineup since at least when we first started realizing how good Westbrook and Harden were in OKC.

I was so relieved to see their name at 5. One thing I hadn't seen in all the lottery odds posts and sites were the odds of no changes at all.

8 minutes ago, hammerva said:

So does this mean the Sixers will actually try to win games now?  Or they need another 2 or 3 years of tanking to be productive.  Not sure if Simmons the person is the guy to build your team around but the player I can see

Next year is a historically great talent pool in the draft. It has been known for years it is coming as well. Go look at the picks that were traded in 2017 compared to other seasons. Teams haven't been moving them. Anyone with a bad team next year won't be complaining.

One notable thing is that Billy King avoided the infamy of being the biggest failure of a GM in NBA history as the Celtics "only" end up with the 3rd pick.

5 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Speaking of, even with a thin draft, Boston adding the third overall pick to their talented and young core... yikes 

Just make sure whoever they pick stays away from the Colombian nose candy #toosoon?

• Like 2