DVDVR Message Board

2016 NBA OFFSEASON

RIPPA

Reports are that Randy Whitman will be shown the door as Wizards coach on Thursday

Of course - Ernie Grunfeld will keep his job for the like 9842 straight year

And all indications are that Phil is - for some unknown reason - keeping Kurt Rambis on as HC of the Knicks.  Supposedly the only one who can save the Knicks from themselves is James Dolan.  

lol

9 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

And all indications are that Phil is - for some unknown reason - keeping Kurt Rambis on as HC of the Knicks.  Supposedly the only one who can save the Knicks from themselves is James Dolan.  

lol

Phil is trying to get out.  No other explanation at this point.

I really hope Melo gets to play on a contender before he is done.  Can't fault him for taking the money instead of coming to Chicao because we are so damn cheap.  

We could have traded Taj and made a legit offer that he might have accepted, but instead we low balled the hell out of him.  

I'm sure that non-deal is haunting both parties as we speak.

David Blatt being talked about as a NYK coach candidate. I think we could do worse as I think he got a raw deal in Cleveland. One big thing is that the guy we are building the team around will not look down on Blatt as a European who doesn't know anything about the game compared to an American. I just know he would be way better than Rambis.

George Karl will be fired after season. He will collect the roughly 6 million remaining on his contract, with four year left. Who's next in the work for one year and get paid for five club? Ranadive is such a disgrace and double fuck you to Stern for giving that nutcase a team just to fuck Seattle over. . .

• Like 2

Wizards are dumping Whitman, a coach who struggled to develop an offense that worked in the modern NBA. Rumor is that plan to pursue... Scott Brooks!

(I get why, relationship with KD and all, but come on man!)

The Timberwolves (rightly) canned Sam Mitchell at the end of the season, and have apparently targeted Tom Thibodeau as their next coach.

ESPN has gone so far as to say that coaches would "crawl over glass" for the Wolves job and that it's the best job to hit the market in years.

Towns, Wiggins, Lavine, Dieng, Rubio, and another high pick this year (c'mon, Buddy Hield). . .they're going to have to try really, really hard to screw this up.

That's not saying they can't, but it would take some doing.

Yeah, the Wolves future looks so incredibly bright. Flip's last plan looks like a masterpiece. Even keeping Mitchell this year was smart, a stealth tank job before the kids were really ready anyway.

If Towns becomes as good defensively as he is offensively, he will be the next Tim Duncan.  Which pretty much means hiring Thibs = having the next Tim Duncan.  

If they go with anyone else they are out of their minds.