DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2016 - The Quest For The Cup

Dolfan in NYC

1 minute ago, elizium said:

What was up with the North Stars and weird mergers? Not just splitting off to form the Sharks but also merging with the Cleveland Barons in the 70s.

So the Seals became The Barons, who fused with the North Stars, who got split up to form the Sharks?

Time Is A Circle, etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BobbyWhioux said:

So the Seals became The Barons, who fused with the North Stars, who got split up to form the Sharks?

Time Is A Circle, etc.

I guess the short answer would be "Gunds"

They need to get Joe 4 goals in the final!

I'd have my cock out if I scored four goals. I'd have my cock out, stroking it.

Joe's a fucking beaut! Let's go Sharks!

Great season for the Blues and they'll be back and better as Tank and the other younger guys mature. It'll be interesting to see where they go with Backes and if they bring back Hitch (likely, unfortunately). I'd love to see a more aggressive coach there, as St. Louis has the firepower to play that way.

I will be unbelievably disappointed if Lucy moves the football on San Jose yet again. It just doesn't feel right at all the way they've played this year. Tampa's defense is good, but I feel like they're too slow to cope with the Sharks speed. Pittsburgh's defense, I'm still not sold on yet even though they are in a conference final.

Tarasenko disappearing in the playoffs will be blamed all on Hitchcock, because Hithcock is an awful ogre and nobody likes him. But part of it has to fall on him too. This was "first third of Datsyuk's career we're not allowed to discuss" levels of invisible.

I think most disappearing acts in the playoffs would bite your hand off for 15 points in 20 games (26 in 33 career playoff games), much less a 24 year old who's been fucked around by his coach. Vlasic did a number on him during this series, to be sure, but let's not write off his strong play against Chicago and Dallas. And didn't he have two different goals called back on close offside replays? 

Honestly, even with the points, I thought Tarasenko played pretty blah most of the playoffs. He had one thing, his Wrist Shot. He usually has a much more complete game, and it flat out wasn't there this post-season.

Now Robby Fabbri, on the other hand, made me think he could become a fucking star this playoffs.

Crosby put up three game winners, which is about all you're going to get from anyone anymore.

Malkin... Goddamn when he goes he's the best player on earth to watch, but that's becoming rarer and rarer. It's amazing how much good support they are getting in Pittsburgh right now though. And their kid goalie is a great story.

Imagine trying to tell someone at the start of the year during the hours Martin Jones was a Bruin backup that Martin Jones and Matt Murray would be the two goalies to open a Stanley Cup final.

On 5/25/2016 at 10:28 PM, Death From Above said:

While we're on the subject of trades, was there a better move in this season than San Jose willing to take a shot on Martin Jones? He doesn't get a lot of press but the guy has been a rock.

This offseason will have so many goaltending stories with the expansion draft approaching.  

What does Tampa do with Bishop and Vasilevskiy?

MAF in Pittsburgh now that Murray has won the starting job?

Detroit with Howard?

If you are Dallas do you take a run at either MAF or Bishop?

All of the problems with Drouin are now over.  If anything it gives Yzerman more leverage in negotiations with Stamkos.

I have a mental image of the Great Kahli watching that feed in his police station house in Punjab and loving hockey and this makes me happy.

The Bonino Punjabi goal calls are the best, there's another one from the Caps series too. As soon as he scored last night, my buddy Jay sent me a text that was nothing but " Bonino  Bonino  Bonino   Bonino   Bonino Bonino Bonino Bonino Bonino Bonino Bonino   Bonino Bonino Bonino, etc. etc."

Sports are always the best when its not English jackasses talking over them.