DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2016 - The Quest For The Cup

Dolfan in NYC

19 hours ago, hammerva said:

Well Caps down 3-1 and another season looks to be down the drain.  Holtby is going to get the blame but he has been hit with terrible luck on Game 3 and 4.  I mean what the fuck was Mike Weber doing with that lazy pass.   Unfortunately they have a history of being lazy at the wrong time

So you guys just realized that Mike Webber isn't really that good at this point? As for the Caps I am perfectly fine with the idea that noted piece of pondscum Tom Wilson won't get his name on the cup.

~9% of teams down 3-1 have come back to win. It's not over yet. I mean it's probably over, but if Kuznetsov catches fire I wouldn't be shocked. His line was great on the cycle yesterday but couldn't finish.

Also, Mike Weber sucks. At least Schmidt has a positive net effect when his botch costs you the game.

Anyone who hates that the NHL has turned into cattenaccio style soccer on ice should be rooting like hell for the Stars. A run and gun team winning would be the single best thing that could happen to the league.

Mike Johnson is just miles ahead of other commentators (outside of rock star Tyson Nash) and he's got good chemistry with Romanuk. Joy listening to them compared to the horrors of Lee and Remenda. 

Edit: I'm behind on this game. That too many men no call->breakaway goal against needs to be seen to believed. Hilarious.

Edited by Oyaji
Stars are shitbums

34 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

~9% of teams down 3-1 have come back to win. It's not over yet. I mean it's probably over, but if Kuznetsov catches fire I wouldn't be shocked. His line was great on the cycle yesterday but couldn't finish.

Also, Mike Weber sucks. At least Schmidt has a positive net effect when his botch costs you the game.

Mike Webber was probably the worst player on a team that was literally built to lose as many games as possible, so yeah.

21 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Old men are very upset that an analytics person has a job today.

My favourite was noted white noise blowhole PIerre McGuirre saying they tried analytics in Toronto and it didn't work. Toronto put an analytics guy in charge of the Marlies. They finished first.

The whole Arizona hiring is to satisfy Tippet which is scary.  Arizona has the deepest farm system in the NHL.  Better than Toronto.  They sent 7 guys over to the World Juniors, tied with Philly.  They have the number two and three prospects according to Button.  Overall, they have five prospects in the top 50.  Give them a year or two and that team will be scary good if they do not trade everyone.

http://www.tsn.ca/tsn-hockey-s-top-50-nhl-affiliated-prospects-1.436669

The analytics guy in Toronto even admits he is not ready to be a GM.  Working under Lou for a year made him realize how much he still has to learn.

Feel kinda' sad that barring a miracle in Tampa I've attended my last NHL game this season. Hoping Albany and Adirondack have extended runs in the A and the E respectively so I can possibly see some more live playoff hockey.

Seeing the Isles go out getting seal clubbed is quite sad. At least that means I have $70 I don't have to spend on a game 6 ticket. Also I have a Yankee ticket this Tuesday I won't have to eat. Oh well, September and the first exhibition games can't come soon enough.

2 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Nashville vs. San Jose has been the surprise great series so far.

Just making sure for this- I think when realignment happened this time and the new system happened, it was hinted- but this is the first time it's ever really had a good chance to actually come up...

If they win Game 7 and advance- that DOES make it technically "2015-16 Pacific Division Champion Nashville Predators", right?  I know it was hinted whoever comes out of this is Division Champ, and it just never came up yet that a wild card team from the opposite division had a chance to do it- but is it right?