DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2016 - The Quest For The Cup

Dolfan in NYC

NHLN just had a top 10 moments of the first round, and 6 of them were from the Isles-Cats series. Really think that was one of the great first round series of all time, only went 6 but every game was basically a one goal game (take away the empty netters) and you had 3 OT's and 2 were double OT.

• Like 1

Well Caps down 3-1 and another season looks to be down the drain.  Holtby is going to get the blame but he has been hit with terrible luck on Game 3 and 4.  I mean what the fuck was Mike Weber doing with that lazy pass.   Unfortunately they have a history of being lazy at the wrong time

On April 28, 2016 at 2:42 PM, Dewar said:

Okay, everyone who didn't pick Washington to win is fucked. The only points I can still get are on the Eastern side.

Oh really....

Old men are very upset that an analytics person has a job today.

My favourite was noted white noise blowhole PIerre McGuirre saying they tried analytics in Toronto and it didn't work. Toronto put an analytics guy in charge of the Marlies. They finished first.

• Like 1

I like the hire generally speaking (yay, numbers!) but I do think it's a bit hastened due to an apparent lack of experience. He's had one year as an assistant. I'm sure he was soaking everything in and he's obviously a bright guy if he's achieved so much in such little time, but we've heard over and over that the league is a bit of an old boys club. Still, I'm envious. I'll go back into the spider hole with the guy that had this article written about him recently.

giphy.gif

(We're in the wrong thread, right?)

Some team also tried the Pierre McGuire method, too.  That netted them a 23-37 record and a captain saying their coach getting fired was the best thing ever.  It also netted them an ex-coach who gave confidential scouting reports to another team (say bye bye to half that salary, Pierre!)

• Like 2

Go Google the Jeff Jacobs article from the Courant when we finally fired that moron. He is without doubt the worst coach in the entire history of  pro hockey in the state of Connecticut (and that includes the Whalers, SoundTigers, Wolfpack, Trashers, Danbury Whalers, Danbury Titans and CT Whale women's team).