DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2016 - The Quest For The Cup

Dolfan in NYC

17 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

Tarasenko 9th in ice time for the Blues forwards. Ninth.

Ken Hitchcock is a god damned idiot.

He doesn't have enough grit! You don't want one of these Fancy Dan Russians going out there and scoring goals or something. 

That was a fantastic fucking hockey game. St. Louis is going to steamroll Dallas and whatever sieve they stick in net in round 2.

I was REALLY looking forward to Hitchcock getting fired tomorrow.

This has the potential to be a great, great Stanley Cup Playoffs. San Jose/Los Angeles was short and brutal yet completely enthralling, St. Louis/Chicago felt like a best of for late '90s playoff hockey but with extremely talented offensive players to boot, and now we have San Jose vs. perhaps the Ducks (though a Nashville series would be just as fun) and the Pens vs. Caps in what could be an all-timer. Four teams got over mini-humps but the road ahead is still full of peril. I haven't been this excited for non Canuck playoff hockey in a while. I thought we were going to have some classics a few years back but the Kings/Hawks series didn't live up to the hype.

How can you ignore Isles-Lightning? Why you shouldn't: Two words: John Tavares. I'll be at game 3 and 4 at least, game 6 if necessary. My tickets are $69 a game for this round, up from $39 last round, which is actually pretty reasonable compared to some other teams.

• Like 1

Because I find no joy in the Lightning. Such a soulless team. Like I would forget that they ever existed if they were moved tomorrow or contracted. And I don't have an easy time buying either team as serious contenders. Maybe the lighting due to path of least resistance. 

6 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Because I find no joy in the Lightning. Such a soulless team. Like I would forget that they exist if they were moved tomorrow or contracted. And I don't have an easy time buying either team as serious contenders. Maybe the lighting due to path of least resistance. 

One of them is going to advance to the conference finals and there's a good chance the Pens and Caps will beat the crap out of each other. What I'm saying is that there's a real shot one of them wins the east and ends up playing for the cup.  

Safe to say Trainspotting author Irvine Welsh is a fan of the Blackhawks 

No way will I shit-talk the Blues but no way will those spunk guzzlers win the #StanleyCup @NHLBlackhawks

Not bitter but an atom bomb of diarrhea on Missouri would be morally justified right now. @NHLBlackhawks #StanleyCup

Some would argue it's always justified. Leave them to their evil considerations.

Fuck the Blues. Fuck that American sportsmanship crap. I hate those pricks.