DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2016 - The Quest For The Cup

Dolfan in NYC

I will say I am deeply amused at the fact that the Pens will finish their series before the Caps will.

Which is quite the change from earlier this week when Caps fans were all "It might be a bad thing if we sweep"

8 hours ago, El Dragon said:

That's great and all, but still not matching the heart break of Sharks, Blues, and Canuck fans imo.

I surrender, you win. This is like watching footage of the Hindenburg.

As a guy who has sorta kinda followed Pittsburgh since the days of Mario/Jagr on NHL '95 or whatever the heck year it was, I don't remember a season like this one.  They are usually awesome in the regular season and then choke in the playoffs (yeah, they've won but they're closer to being the Braves than a dynasty). This year they waited about 50 games to do anything of note. Maybe that's the recipe.

For the record, Capitals don't scare me at all.  They might win but they certainly do not strike fear.

This is St. Louis' equivalent to Vancouver's 2011 first round. They outplayed a relatively weakened Chicago team but it had to go to OT in game 7  to finally exorcise those demons. St. Louis has been the better team in this series for like 90% of the time. They'll win it.

19 hours ago, Josh Mann said:

John Tavares has earned Ultimate HateRespect from me. 

And you've earned my respect by not coming on here and blaming/complaining about the officiating like a lot of other people. You guys have nothing to be ashamed of and have a bright future, that was just the Isles moment.