DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2016 - The Quest For The Cup

Dolfan in NYC

From the "I can't fucking believe this happened" file: apparently a fan hit Denis Potvin (who does color for the Panthers) with a beer. Yes, THAT Denis Potvin. You talk about bad karma? Isles are fucked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sabremike said:

From the "I can't fucking believe this happened" file: apparently a fan hit Denis Potvin (who does color for the Panthers) with a beer. Yes, THAT Denis Potvin. You talk about bad karma? Isles are fucked.

After 2 nights ago in Philly nothing surprises me.  

10 hours ago, sabremike said:

41%2B4t5PI-3L._SX300_.jpg41%2B4t5PI-3L._SX300_.jpg

2 to go. 

18 hours ago, sabremike said:

Now people who witnessed the incident are claiming that it was a Panthers fan who threw the beer at an Isles fan and missed. I hope this is the case because an Isles fan throwing that beer would just be the lowest thing possible.

• Like 1

I turned it off at 2-0

I mean what would a playoffs be without the Rangers going down 3-1 in a Series

Of course - I don't expect them to come back this time

Probably the last game for the Magic Man in a Red Wings jersey. Not a great one to go out on :(  Will be an interesting off-season for Detroit as they have a lot of holes. Tons of forwards that are either afraid to shoot, take too long to shoot, or miss the net when they do. Defensemen that turn over the puck constantly and are terrible positionally.  There are bright spots - Peter Mrazek was all-world in goal for 2/3 of the season, Dylan Larkin was an All-Star for half a season, Athanasiou might be even better, and there are more talented rookies coming. They need probably 3, maybe 4, guys on defense and have to somehow rearrange the lines so Zetterberg plays like 6 minutes a night. 

Should be an interesting final year at the Joe! 

I'm calling Stamkos to Detroit right now. Live near home without any of the pressure, continue a proud tradition, and he's a big upgrade on Datsyuk/fills a need. Plus these mandatory Detroit/TBL series would be off the chance.

This game in St. Louis rules! Hitch's conservative ice times for his big boys is going to pay off in 2nd OT. The longer this goes, the better for the Blues. They controlled long stretches of the first OT.

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

I'm calling Stamkos to Detroit right now. Live near home without any of the pressure, continue a proud tradition, and he's a big upgrade on Datsyuk/fills a need. Plus these mandatory Detroit/TBL series would be off the chance

I've been hoping for Stamkos for over a year.  He would be an awesome addition. 

The Hawks announcer Pat Foley is my new hero after his on air roasting of the NHL for the ridiculous 8:45pm start times (particularly on work/school nights). Those are total bullshit, particularly for those who bought tickets and he deserves a medal for calling the league and tv people out.

• Like 1