DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2016 - The Quest For The Cup

Dolfan in NYC

They had long stretches of creating chance after chance but couldn't pot one. Quick didn't even play that great and has been sub-Quick-like in the series so far. He's been way too aggressive even for himself. What on earth was he doing on the first goal? It looked like a third of the net was open and it ricocheted off of McNabb.

Notice how insanely entertaining almost all of the power plays were in the game? This is the league that is all about minimizing the amount of penalties called in the regular season, so when the playoffs roll around and we get even fewer penalties called it sucks even more crusty bum. Honestly, those power plays were thrilling. We need more of that shit. Especially when the Kings could be called for a penalty on pretty much every fucking play. So much interference and clutching.

10 hours ago, elizium said:

Apparently the Flyers hate Ed Snider. Lots of shots, but this has been a pretty piss poor effort.

You knew this was going to be a hell of a night when the fans couldn't even wait until the moment of silence to drop fuck bombs

The best part of the night was the PA announcer after the delay penalty ON THE FANS basically saying "oh you have done it now" :D

They aren't giving up a tonne of scoring chances though. Chicago is peppering the net but mostly from outside. Corsi doesn't mean shit in a best of seven.

Now for San Jose to regain momentum tomorrow and all will be good.

23 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Can you imagine what would happen if Matt Barnes gave an NBA official the double birds and repeatedly shouted "fuck you". Or if Puig did that to an ump...

Whoa, what did I miss?

5 hours ago, El Dragon said:

Andrew Shaw. You missed Andrew Shaw.

Also, there was a sexual slur mixed in this comments as well. In any other league, that's a suspension.

I saw people retweeting You Can Play about an incident but wasnt specific.

Oh man, he gets 1 game. How many players would be on the ice if they suspended every player that used homophobic slurs? Would Tyler Seguin ever play in the NHL ever again?

Sweet PR damage limitation.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Oh man, he gets 1 game. How many players would be on the ice if they suspended every player that used homophobic slurs? Would Tyler Seguin ever play in the NHL ever again?

Sweet PR damage limitation.

Best part is Letang pulling a Dr Hook and getting nada. The explanation the league gave is hilarious in it's refusal to see reality. As for Shaw, if I were a player (particularly if I was actually gay) and someone called me that I'd blow a kiss at him and watch the guy go nuts and get himself tossed. Living is the best revenge.

There's a clip on TSN's website from one of the gajillion hockey radio talk shows in Canada with Jeff O'Neil and others where they talk about how this likely a case of the NHL punishing somebody for getting caught doing something stupid rather than for doing something stupid. Which led me to Youtube to watch Kevin Stevens and Trottier shit talk Bellows in the '91 finals. Which led me to the Players' Tribune article by Trottier where he writes to his younger self telling him there are cameras everywhere, be careful of what you say or some grade 3 kid will repeat your famous lines when you visit a school in the future ("tit fucker!"). So, the idea seems to be that saying homophobic shit isn't so bad so long as you don't get caught. It's just part of gamesmanship. The NHL's stance seems to support that idea.

For those of you wondering they only gave out shirts tonight in Philly. No projectiles. My friend saw Lou Nolan and told him he said what needed to be said. He replied "Thanks" as apparently there were some stupid people who gave him shit.

Laughton got stretchered off the ice after going into the boards after losing a puck battle. Really scary scene here as he was motionless for a long time. Thankfully he was able to move his extremities according to reports.

4 hours ago, Oyaji said:

There's a clip on TSN's website from one of the gajillion hockey radio talk shows in Canada with Jeff O'Neil and others where they talk about how this likely a case of the NHL punishing somebody for getting caught doing something stupid rather than for doing something stupid. Which led me to Youtube to watch Kevin Stevens and Trottier shit talk Bellows in the '91 finals. Which led me to the Players' Tribune article by Trottier where he writes to his younger self telling him there are cameras everywhere, be careful of what you say or some grade 3 kid will repeat your famous lines when you visit a school in the future ("tit fucker!"). So, the idea seems to be that saying homophobic shit isn't so bad so long as you don't get caught. It's just part of gamesmanship. The NHL's stance seems to support that idea.

I think they're just scared to go down that road even though they probably should at some point. I kinda think it should be more on the players and the PA, personally, to clean that shit up.

What he said shouldn't even matter as much as the fact he flipped the refs off then threw a pretty crazy tantrum in the box to (in his mind) make an official look bad. This should be frowned upon anyway and not lost in debate over one word.

Obviously he was punished for his word of choice, but that really shouldn't be why it was, even if it is.