DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2016 - The Quest For The Cup

Dolfan in NYC

I was working, but, really, what can you say? This might be the only time the Blues have had a series with a major team in recent years were we were actually the better team, and the refs just took it from "Blackhawks on there heels, Blues with a chance to push forward" to "Hawks getting home ice advantage against a Blues team about to go into panic mode"

But what the fuck ever at this point.

Lots of nastiness and cheap shots already in Detroit vs Tampa. Mix that in with some truly terrible officiating and you get a wild, bloody brawl like we saw last night. 

• Like 1

I'm in on anybody but Chicago or LA to break up their stranglehold but it would be nice if either San Jose or St. Louis went all the way. Like, how close would we be to earth imploding if either of those teams faced Washington in the finals? Only saw highlights of game 1 but I'm watching game 2 right now and SJ looks legit. No holes in their game. Blues in a must win already isn't a good look and they'll have to overcome last game's shenanigans. 

If not for the 2007 finals where Getzlaf and Perry largely rode on the coattails of two HOF defencemen, bona fide #1 centre ANDY MCDONALD(~~~!!!~11~!!!!!), playoff legend Dustin Penner, and some guy named Teemu, these Ducks should be anointed as the new flat track bullies/paper tigers come spring replacing the Sharks (and a lesser extent the Blues). I also like how the playoff ineptitude of Kesler and Bieksa migrated south with them. Can't wait for Kesler to totally not use as an excuse whatever injury he immediately discloses to the press in about a week's time. Playoff warryur.

On 2016-04-16 at 7:33 PM, sabremike said:

I am not a betting man but if I was I'd bet anything on the Flyers winning that game.

Apparently the Flyers hate Ed Snider. Lots of shots, but this has been a pretty piss poor effort.