DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2016 - The Quest For The Cup

Dolfan in NYC

Man, if Stamkos doesn't come back it means your four options for one of the east final spots are a Stamkos-less Tampa, Detroit, Florida, or a Halak-less Islanders (good luck with that). That's as close to a bye in a conference final as is realistically feasible.

The other half of the east bracket is going to be so damn fun though.

Holy shit, I was looking for Justin Bourne's blog to see how he was picking the playoff winners and just found out he was hired as an assistant coach for the Marlies. That's really neat! But I'll miss reading his thoughts on hockey.

I never expected the Rangers to beat the Pens so it's not the most distressing news in the short term.

Obviously a major eye injury would be an issue long term but the team believes it isn't serious

The wacky layout of the series also helps as the next game isn't till Saturday and then there is two days off after that game too.

So ideally he only misses one game max

27 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Is it just me or does anybody else find regional broadcasts in the playoffs incredibly bush league? 

I may be wrong but I think the NBA has them as well as I can remember Knicks playoff games a few years back on MSG. Think the local broadcasts are only for the opening rounds.

Really want the Isles to pull this off because I'll be at game 3 and want an insane atmosphere. If they are up 2-0 going for the kill the place will be batshit crazy on Sunday. Also have my friend's ticket to game 4 in Philly. Would've went to game 3 but have to work the next morning and it takes about 5 hours to get from Philly back to Brewster. Really wish I could've been at game 3 because that will likely go down as the most memorable and emotional moment of this round. I am not a betting man but if I was I'd bet anything on the Flyers winning that game.

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

Is it just me or does anybody else find regional broadcasts in the playoffs incredibly bush league? 

NBA does it when they shaft some series to NBA TV.

I don't mind it EXCEPT when you flip from one game to another and it's jarring to go from more neutral announcers to Pang.

Wow, that's all sorts of greasy. The goal is called off due to St. Louis being offside by a blonde woman's pubic hair and then a jam goal after a broken stick slash call on Tank. Fuuuuuu.