DVDVR Message Board

Who would win a 7 game series on a neutral floor between the 1995-1996 Chicago Bulls and the 2015-2016 GS Warriors?

Ryan

Who would win a 7 game series on a neutral floor between the 1995-1996 Chicago Bulls and the 2015-2016 GS Warriors?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win a 7 game series on a neutral floor between the 1995-1996 Chicago Bulls and the 2015-2016 GS Warriors?

• 1995-1996 Chicago Bulls
    • 2015-2016 Golden State Warriors

As soon as player Kerr checks in, he's getting backed down by Shaun Livingston or left in a cloud of dust by Steph every possession.

Not sure how the Bulls would win, even under 96 rules. Can't double Steph to get the ball out of his hands without leaving a 3-pt shooter wide open, and the shorter 3 line means that Barnes, Speights, and Iggy all turn into extra Klay Thompsons on offense. The 1/4 and 1/5 PnR's would get real ugly for Chicago too. I don't think the Bulls have enough scoring to keep up even if their length could present some OKC-like problems on defense. The physicality argument seems pretty overrated too. Outside of Steph and Speights, everyone in the regular rotation for GS is an above average defender, and the team is far from "soft." Pretty sure if you gave Dray, Bogut, and Iggy license to goon, they'd be up to the task.

1 minute ago, Go2Sleep said:

As soon as player Kerr checks in, he's getting backed down by Shaun Livingston or left in a cloud of dust by Steph every possession.

Not sure how the Bulls would win, even under 96 rules. Can't double Steph to get the ball out of his hands without leaving a 3-pt shooter wide open, and the shorter 3 line means that Barnes, Speights, and Iggy all turn into extra Klay Thompsons on offense. The 1/4 and 1/5 PnR's would get real ugly for Chicago too. I don't think the Bulls have enough scoring to keep up even if their length could present some OKC-like problems on defense. The physicality argument seems pretty overrated too. Outside of Steph and Speights, everyone in the regular rotation for GS is an above average defender, and the team is far from "soft." Pretty sure if you gave Dray, Bogut, and Iggy license to goon, they'd be up to the task.

I'd argue that Steph is a well above average defender, especially in their team defensive scheme.  He was 5th in the NBA amongst point guards in defensive */-, he's actually a better defender than a lot of people who get praised for being great defenders.  Klay, Draymond, Harrison Barnes, and Iguodala get all the credit, but Steph is a pretty big asset on the defensive side of the ball.  

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12648764/how-stephen-curry-developed-top-flight-defender

• Like 1

I do think he's a great team defender, I was just thinking about his man defense in the context of 96 rules (which I might still be underrating). Although he could be a terrible defender and it would be irrelevant in a hypothetical series where he's matched up with 32yo Ron Harper and occasionally Steve Kerr.

• 2 weeks later...