DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 4/7/16

victor

Main Event Spoilers:

WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day defeated The Ascension in a fun match

* Baron Corbin defeated Fandango in about 2 minutes with End of Days

* Paige defeated Emma in a lengthy match

Smackdown Spoilers:

* WWE World Heavyweight Champion Roman Reigns kicked off SmackDown to a big reaction, mostly boos. Reigns cuts a promo similar to RAW, about how he's "THE" guy, not good or bad. AJ Styles comes out to a big pop and they trade promos. Reigns talks down to AJ and leaves the ring with AJ looking on. Styles and Cesaro vs. Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho is announced

* The Vaudevillains vs. Sin Cara and WWE United States Champion Kalisto is first. Good pop for Aiden English and Simon Gotch for the entrance but the match felt like a Superstars taping. Kalisto took the pin after a double team. The Vaudevillains celebrated after the match

* Natalya defeated Summer Rae with a Sharpshooter. WWE Women's Champion Charlotte and Ric Flair were on commentary. Charlotte and Natalya had a staredown after the match but Charlotte left without anything happening

* WWE Intercontinental Champion The Miz retained over Zack Ryder. Maryse came out after Ryder but didn't get much of a pop, then introduced her husband. Maryse ended up interfering, allowing Miz to hit the Skull Crushing Finale for the win

* Backstage segment with The Dudley Boyz talking about Roman Reigns

* Apollo Crews defeated Curtis Axel in a fairly quick match. Good pop for Crews, better than The Vaudevillains

* Backstage segment with Becky Lynch talking about the WWE Women's Title. Emma interrupts to set up a match

* Backstage segment with Baron Corbin talking about Dolph Ziggler

* Dean Ambrose squashed Tyler Breeze. Huge pop for Ambrose. After the match, Chris Jericho came out for the next match and they traded looks on the ramp

* Vignette for Primo and Epico from Puerto Rico airs

* Jericho cuts a heel promo in the ring but it looks like it was dark for a commercial. Kevin Owens, Cesaro and AJ Styles are out for their tag match. Good pops for everyone here

* Cesaro and AJ Styles defeated Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho in a solid main event. Sami Zayn came out at the end and wanted to fight but officials held him back. This led to AJ rolling a distracted Owens up for the win. After the match, Owens went at Sami on the floor and laid him out. The Dudley Boyz ran down and attacked AJ in the ring until Roman Reigns made the save. AJ and Reigns cleared the ring and stared each other down. They shook hands, still staring at each other, to end the show

The Vaudvillians? Really?

Corbin's first big post-Mania win is on the show that most of the fans don't watch?

Edited to add: Ok, so it wasn't exactly big, but still, on Main Event?

* WWE Intercontinental Champion The Miz retained over Zack Ryder. Maryse came out after Ryder but didn't get much of a pop, then introduced her husband. Maryse ended up interfering, allowing Miz to hit the Skull Crushing Finale for the win

6959949499_665cc14488_o.png

HE'S JUST A LITTLE JOBBED!!! HE"S STILL GOOD HE"S STILL GOOD!!!!

- DVDVR collective on Ryder's push after RAW.

• Like 7

Show was pretty good. Felt like Roman and AJ got lost a bit in the opening promo. AJ said some stuff and then Roman basically repeated it like AJ had never said it.

I don't mind the Vaudevillians but they looked very low rent on this show. Like almost embarrassingly low rent. So low rent that you'd see them on 1995 WWF Superstars and think they're low rent.

Miz and Maryse look like money together. Great jackets.

Becky cut a great babyface promo. She's turned into the best promo of all the women. Emma was smug and condescending. I hope they get more promo time.

Team Dad Bod vs Cesaro & AJ was fun.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 2:15 AM, Johnny Sorrow said:

That looks like a fun show.

It was a very fun show.  Miz and Maryse are so fucking great together. Maryse comes out first to her old theme which I always liked and she cut a nice little heel promo that pissed everyone off.. speaking half in English and half in French. They are going to be a great act.

The opening promo with Reigns was great. I'm loving his "I'm THE guy so deal with it" character change. This might just work for him. He's a tweener, kind of like Diesel. If they stick with the Reigns and AJ match at the PPV the crowd should be nuclear. 

The ending was fantastic. Zayn coming out, bandaged up arm but fuck it, he just wants some of Owens and they brawl, a pull apart. Owens is getting some cheap hits in while backstage people are holding Zayn.  Perfect. 

Also, this show setup Becky vs. Emma. I HOPE really hope they have a spot at the PPV.

Great to see Maryse again. She was never much of a wrestler but she was always good with the character stuff. She and the Miz will be good together. 

Nattie/Summer was worth it alone for Charlotte's BFF mention. Finally, someone remembers these women have some history lol 

8 hours ago, Charlie M. said:

Show was pretty good. Felt like Roman and AJ got lost a bit in the opening promo. AJ said some stuff and then Roman basically repeated it like AJ had never said it.

I don't mind the Vaudevillians but they looked very low rent on this show. Like almost embarrassingly low rent. So low rent that you'd see them on 1995 WWF Superstars and think they're low rent.

Miz and Maryse look like money together. Great jackets.

Becky cut a great babyface promo. She's turned into the best promo of all the women. Emma was smug and condescending. I hope they get more promo time.

Team Dad Bod vs Cesaro & AJ was fun.

Agreed with all of this.

Never cared for the Vaudevillains and low rent describes perfectly how that went. Maryse is still absolute greatness. Her & Miz are going to be a great pairing. Amazing promo from Becky and Emma added to it. I had thought that was setting up a match for this show but it didn't happen so I hope that's the beginning of a feud/series. Always enjoy Summer for however short she's on screen, often underrated.

It's odd that the answer to improving Reigns' character work to help him work on top is "be more like Diesel", but it really is the best thing for him. Just like " actual heel" John Cena would get loads of cheers, Tweener Reigns will probably get more favourable reactions than Face Reigns

Maryse is so good at being a b****, and I say that lovingly.  That hair flip makes you want to slap her, and bringing her back with Miz is going to be fire.

Becky and Emma are going to be on par with Owens/Zayn in hatred, and I can't wait.  No cat fights for those two.  They're going to be swinging haymakers at each other.

Speaking of Owens/Zayn: it's so great how they immediately wail on each other whenever they're in the same room.  KO screaming I HATE YOU! while still throwing hands was so awesome.

I think I'll like the Vaudevillains, but it's obvious they have no major plans for them.  I love how they wrestle in character, though.

They should be using Saxton more as the commentary conduit between NXT and the main roster.  I thought he added the right touch with the BFF moment. I'm going to say it:  I would prefer a two-man table with Ranallo/Saxton and finally send old nasty coot Lawler down the road with a gold watch.

Jericho vs Ambrose will be worth it for the promo time alone.

Cocksure Roman Reigns works.  Because why wouldn't he be confident?  Not only did he win the WHC at Wrestlemania, he pulled it off HHH, who had tried to make him be part of the Authority to become champion.  But he stuck to his own path and won on his own terms.  Whenever he and Rollins tangle, Reigns can throw it in Seth's face how he had to be in the Authority's pocket to get ahead. That microphone flip he does now is great.  It just screams I'm done wasting my breath on you now. So dismissive. I thought he was going to hold his hand over Styles' head and tell him he has to be this tall to compete for the WHC.  It's not a heel turn, but a natural progression for someone in Roman's position.  F*ck it, why wouldn't he think he was better than everyone else?  With everything he has going for him, why would he give a second thought if anyone hates him?  He's too busy being #1 to care about anyone's opinions.  He's the epitome of the super-confident athlete.  It's aggravating to watch him succeed, but he's actually good at what he does.

Fantastic show.  SmackDown is stealing Raw's lunch money as the much better showcase right now.

• Like 1

Yeah, that was a really, really great show. This is a super talented roster. 

Miz and Maryse are fantastic and AJ/Owens/Zayn/Cesaro are secretly about to take over these shows the way The Shield guys did a few years ago. 

I laughed and laughed and laughed some more seeing Owens flip the stairs for Jericho.  And then he tells Chris in a "Hey, I took care of that for ya." kind of way.  Owens is so damn good at what he does.  And I'm really glad to see Maryse back, always liked her for 1. The obvious reasons and 2. being a good bitchy heel.  If you want to say it's a downgrade from Owens having it, I get it.  But Miz as chickensheet heel champion needing Maryse to help him is going to be super fun TV.

• Like 1