DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 4-4-16 - Post-WrestleMania Raw

MGFanJay

I thoroughly enjoyed that show because every segment felt like something new and fresh could happen.  It didn't every time, but there were enough surprises and returns that everything felt fresh and new.

If Enzo can just become competent in the ring, I feel like he could be such a huge star.  He has that next level charisma that Austin and Rock had on the microphone where the crowd just eats out of his hand.  When he talks and the crowd just shouts along reminds me so much of 3:16 era Austin and early Rock stuff.  So much.

I'd have Bullet Club attack Roman a few weeks before, leading to six man tags and tag matches with the Uso's, before Roman vs. AJ actually happens. When the match does happen, I want to see AJ win, but I know better than that.

I mean, if you really think about it, the only way it makes sense to job AJ to Jericho the night before you're making him the #1 contender is if you're going to shift his character into such a radical new direction that what came before doesn't really matter.  And if he's cheating his balls off as a heel with the BC guys as backup, then it doesn't really matter if he took a clean L to Jericho.

Roman Empire (Roman, Usos, Ambrose)

vs

Bullet Club* (Styles, Anderson, Gallows, Balor)

vs

Wyatts (Bray, Harper, Rowan, Strowman)

GANG WARZ!!!

*Can't use Bullet Club and it would be weird for Styles to head a group called the Balor Club. Gonna need something else.

• Like 1

Have AJ win clean. See if any portions of the interwebs implode.

Have AJ use his new found stroke to bring in the Bullet Club. AJ holds belt until Rollins returns.

Balor wins MITB contract.

Set up Ironman match between Rollins and AJ. At the 57 minute mark, Balor appears, and hands his briefcase to Hulk Hogan. Hogan wins after 2 fingerpokes of doom against exhausted OPPONENTS (TM Stan Hansen) and becomes champ.

Watch many portions of the interwebs implode.

Rock vs Hogan 2: Electric Boogaloo - Main event at WM 33.

2 hours ago, ChrisM said:

I think a lot of people are going to have that reaction. I mean, he's over with the NXT crowd, but I can see the casual fans kinda scratching their heads wondering what the fuck he's talking about. (I like him, by the way)

I have watched SO little NXT that I've never seen Enzo and Cass - heard the names, but that's it. I guess you could call me a pretty casual WWE/NXT fan.

They were just a dramatic home run - I don't know if either can go in the ring, but I can't recall the debut that got me more excited about an act. Enzo's just freakin' perfect, just off-the-charts charisma, and the little dog/big dog dynamic is awesome - Enzo can stooge for Cass or Cass can bodyguard for Enzo. Cass has got quite a bit of charisma, too. They need to destroy the Dudleys on the mic and in the ring - putting over guys like Enzo and Cass are basically the Dudleys' jobs at this point. Man, if WWE fucks them up (and they probably will), I'm gonna be one sad panda.

Rest of the show outside of the main? Whatever. Crews is pretty damn jacked to be so agile. Glad for AJ, hope he wins the title just so Nakamura can come out and knee him into 2017.

Edited by jstout
I'm a dumbass

ENZO!  Holy shit.  That was epic.  He just made himself in one promo.  NXT was great for the guy, but a live mic and too many hours of TV to kill might just turn this dude into a mega star.  He is going to turn the never ending Raw promo into a separate art form.

• Like 2

The rest of this show was pretty great too.  They set up Roman pretty damn well as an ass kicker who might also have heel streak in him. His scoff when Sami got in the ring was the best thing he has done in a while.. AJ/Roman is going to be fun.  Can't believe they gave AJ the win after all that.  Doesn't make sense, but Ill take it.

Are they moving into Zayn/Owens now or is Zayn legit hurt?  Would be cool if we get AJ/Reigns and Owens/Zayn on the same card.

MIZ with the well deserved win! MARYSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Patrick B. said:

Probably sticking around NXT while they get the women's division down there built back up.

Probably for the best- if Bayley's callup is happening any time soon, NXT would need Carmella as the number two face to Asuka. With Liv Morgan as the only face bubbling under the main rotation and five heels- at least two of which (Nia and Eva Marie) are completely unturnable- losing both of BayMella would hobble the division and either force them to turn someone who is a better heel (Alexa/Dana/Emma), hobble their career (Nia), know the NXT's crowd made it clear they WON'T LET YOU turn her face (Eva)...or promote Athena and turn the two Aussies face, and go back to the 2013 NXT "the main roster's evil when it's Total Divas' cast members as faces vs. a bunch of evil non-Total Divas who are evil and jealous bitches because they're not on Total Divas", but it's great for the NXT division to be "all the SHIMMER alumni are faces, and all the homegrowns or indy alumni who didn't work for SHIMMER are the heels" double standard.

Maryse was the highlight of the night, great to see her back. Main event was real good stuff, nice to see the Styles Clash finish this time and good to have Cesaro back. Styles/Reigns should be a killer match and begging for Reigns to get booed even worse especially if it happens at Payback in Chicago. Roadblock was the first time I've ever been impressed by Enzo & Cass. In the ring at least, I still hate their mic stuff at this point. The miscommunication ending Usos/Dudleyz was awkward. Sasha/Summer was a solid squash and I thought Charlotte did very well in her promo.

They should have signed Santana Garrett by now.  I'm thinking one of Peyton Royce or Billie Kay can step up. Liv Morgan has a lot of potential and is a fun character but she's nowhere ready. I haven't looked at the spoilers nor will I but I think you can run Asuka/Nia Jax right away, they have history and eventually get into an Asuka/Alexa feud where maybe her team helps her cheat and shit.

• Like 1

As for the Women's Championship, I like that they're doing Natalya as Charlotte's first feud. She's solid and well known and a loss or two won't kill her or anything. Nattie will always have some value. Have Sasha and Becky run through the long list of heels.  I'd like to see Naomi get a title program at some point but it looks like she'll be waiting a while.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Patrick B. said:

Hell, I figured Jericho won last night because he was being fed to Reigns first.  Stupid logical assumption.

I agree, they needed someone to challenge Reigns and of everybody Jericho probably had the best chance of turning the crowd against him.

As regards the Vaudevillains, I don't really see this as a "we really need them on the main roster" type thing, more of a "we have nothing more for them in NXT, might as well give them a try, you never know".