DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA 32 POST SHOW THREAD

RIPPA

7 minutes ago, JCM said:

I still can't get over the fact they had Styles, New Day, Ambrose, Sasha & Becky, and Shane all fail in 5 consecutive matches. Another thing that got me was they had 20 guys in the battle royal the fans couldn't give two shits about, and they had Shaq throw out the one guy that would get him booed. Somebody tell me they do this shit on purpose, and really aren't this clueless. 

Well after Shaq eliminated him, they missed the chance to say "He finally made a free throw!" so yes, they are this clueless.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steve said:

I like Zack, but part of me hopes that he tries to ape the Cena open challenge tonight and Joe murders him.

Or Baron Corbin. I'd settle for Baron Corbin doing that as well.

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Or Baron Corbin. I'd settle for Baron Corbin doing that as well.

I almost said that, and I do think it's more likely that it's Corbin. Owens stole Corbin's thunder with "Go back to NXT!" last night, that would be perfect.

I just want the Joe from Friday to show up and murder someone.

1 hour ago, Fallacy! said:

The "Roman needs to turn heel crowd" is going to be sorely disappointed when he comes out tonight for a promo and soaks in an arena full of boos while JBL crows about how he's "THE MOST POLARIZING FIGURE IN THE WWE MAGGLE!". Roman will say this is what's great about the WWE Universe - that we pay for our ticket and let our voices be heard, but whether we love or hate him he's going to come out and bust his ass every week just like he's always done. He'll proceed to talk about how he appreciated those who have been riding with the Big Dog, and he's gonna keep fighting for them. For everyone else, look out, because his bite is a lot worse than his bark. BELIEVE THAT.

This is the Roman Reigns that Vince fantasizes about when he tucks himself in at night and this is the Roman Reigns you're going to get, whether you like it or not.

They already introduced out the new tag last night when Cole said, "He doesn't care about being a good guy or a bad guy - he just wants to be THE guy!"

• Like 1

It could also be Joe. Either are possible. I think Joe would pop the crowd something huge.

The only shitty thing to Baron winning last night was he got JAG/jobbed intro'd, while Kane, Big Show, Shaq and Mark Henry got full entrances. I'm guessing the idea was to give them full entrances since they're all giants, but still, it kind of showed that no one else mattered except for the guys with the actual entrance...and then Baron won.

For whatever it is worth - the most common names rumored for tonight (Not counting Corbin since he technically showed up already)

Enzo/Cass

Gallows/Anderson

Apollo Crews

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

For whatever it is worth - the most common names rumored for tonight (Not counting Corbin since he technically showed up already)

Enzo/Cass

Gallows/Anderson

Apollo Crews

I'd be fine if Jericho came out to brag about beating AJ, only to have the three of them come out and wordlessly beat him back into retirement. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Enzo/Cass

Gallows/Anderson

Apollo Crews

Crews would be a weird name to call up. The other guys I could see, but Crews still needs a lot of work because the extent of his character now is smilin' power flippy babyface.

On my Sister's tablet. WWE Women's Championship Triple Threat was great and definite Match of the Night. Also great, the WWE Intercontinental Championship Ladder match. These are the only matches I would recommend.

• Like 1

What does it say about a card that the best match might've benefited from a Snoop Dogg run in?

Somewhere, S.D. Jones is smiling, and Chavo is saying "how long did that Rock Bottom take?"

This show would be a perfectly fine Elimination Chamber or even Summerslam, but not a Wrestlemania.  It wasn't just that they didn't give the people what they wanted, they went out of their way to piss people off.  I mean even having Jericho vs AJ was stupid in the first place.  Jericho did his job perfectly and helped AJ get over, so they don't need to meet again. AJ just needs to go his next feud.  But instead, he just gets Al Snow'ed on the biggest possible stage.  See you on Jakked, AJ.  If it wasn't for Rusev doing his Young Bucks impression on that Stunner, the entire LON/New Day match was pointless.  The LON guys manage to get more heat as solo guys than as a unit, somehow.  Speaking of pointless, the Undertaker/Shane match.  What's the point of that if nobody is going to interfere?  If the stakes are so high for the Authority/Vince, why do they just let the match go on clean?  After Shane's jump onto the air bag, I almost thought Undertaker was going to drag him into the ring and throw Shane on top of himself to take the loss and retire. 

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Can you really be a fan of a man who cannot start a chainsaw?  

To be fair Dean was probably thinking that string was there in case he needed a reminder of what the cow says.  He keeps See-N-Says scattered about the landscape just for review purposes and it's easy to forget what he's looking at when he sees one.

Also you don't want him around if you're skydiving.

• Like 8

Not finished yet, but just watched up to the Women's Title match.  That was so damn fun.  From the Snoop entrance to that crazy moonsault to JBL dead-panning "thank goodness the nature boy is alright" while all the women are taking crazy bumps.  Happy for all of em.

Literally every match has had the wrong winner so far though.  LMAO.  I guess I would have probably put Brock over too, but every other match up to this point has been flat out backwards booking.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bink_winkleman said:

They already introduced out the new tag last night when Cole said, "He doesn't care about being a good guy or a bad guy - he just wants to be THE guy!"

Isn't that essentially heel, though? That statement screams:  I know you don't like me.  I don't give a shit.  I'm getting rich and famous while you whine about it and do nothing with your pathetic lives.  No cares about you or what you think. It's all about me. Roman Empire reigns, you jealous bastards. (mic drop)

1 minute ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Also, one of the ingredients is "Pumpkin Spice" :)

I saw that. Another is Uranium. I can only assume they meant to put "Yellowcake Uranium" on there.

"DON'T...DROP...THAT...SHIT!"

• Like 3