DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA 32 POST SHOW THREAD

RIPPA

I dunno how closely HBK is following his convictions these days, but if he still is, it was kinda messed up for Stone Cold to put him on the spot like that and keep handing him beers.

Also, it was funny how they cut away the split second Austin tried to advertise his IPA to the camera.

I wanna know how anybody thought putting Jericho over AJ was a good idea.

It seemed to me like the ladies were all nervous and rushing a bit between spots, and that caused a few of the botches. Even still, best match of the night.

I have never been the biggest fan of Zach Ryder, but it's cool that he got that moment.

Cell match and Roman/HHH were bad. I didn't hate Brock/Ambrose, but again, why did Brock win here? When is this going to get paid off? Won't mean anything if Cena or HHH beats him, so put over Ambrose and make a star here. Maybe they're "keeping him strong" for a Roman/Brock match at SummerSlam or something, but no need. Put over Ambrose here and build to Ambrose/Reigns at SummerSlam instead. Just bad booking and another lost moment to build up a future star.

Felt bad for Ryback and Kalisto going on so early in front of a mostly empty stadium, but really at that point there were still probably 30-40K in there. Still a huge amount of people to perform in front of. It just looked emptier because the stadium is so massive.

I still love the fact that sometime between the pre-show and the actual match - they decided that the New Day/League of Nations match would only be a 6 man

And the reasoning I was told was "Barrett wasn't medical cleared"

Which is fine except

1) You think they would have figured that out BEFORE the pre-show

2) He still was medically cleared enough to eat everyone's finishers...

3 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

What did you expect was going to happen, though, when they started hiring all these indy guys? Indy guys love jobbing to legends...

CM Punk was the smartest of all of them. 

• Like 5

Midway through last nights broadcast we lost the live feed and couldn't get it back but for some reason the spanish feed worked. I didn't understand a word anyone was saying but we still got to hear the live crowd. It was a pleasure.

Stephs speech really felt like it was addressed to the fan base. Things will never be the way you want them to be. We will always push who we want and will always do what we want and you are completely helpless to do anything about it. You can boo. You can sit on your hands. You can turn off the tv. It will not change anything.

The Shane-Taker match was the ultimate insult. Ignoring the stupidity of the match existing in the first place, Shane promoted himself as an agent of change. A wink to the fan base that what you're watching is lousy. And then he lost.   

4 hours ago, The Comedian said:

And one of the ironies in all this is that, for all his Attitude longings, if Vince had actually booked Roman like an Attitude Era star it would have worked. Imagine if Stone Cold got screwed out of the title at Mania XIV, then spent the rest of '98 chasing a Corporate champ while being made to look like a fool repeatedly. Think Austin would've still been red hot by '99?

Or, more appropriate to last night, imagine if Stone Cold won the title at Mania XIV, then Pedro Morales came out and kicked his ass all over the ring. 

• Like 3

That show was just too long. The main was probably the worst match on the show.

Shane was able to counter the Hell's Gate a move Brock passed out in last summer, you know hte guy who cannot be beaten at all. Garbage. The leap of the cell was cool and I didn't hate the match but some ofthe spots were terrible.

Thought for sure Dean would go over because how long can Brock go as the unstoppable (except by maybe the Undertaker, possibly) but nope we got the same Brock match we've been getting since after Mania last year. Boo.

The ladder match was fun and I didn't mind who won as long as it wasn't Ziggler. The suplex Owens took on the ladder was insane. Sin Cara looked super awesome in his entrance gear. Ziggler looked like a super tool. Loved Stardust's tribute to Dusty.

The Women's triple threat was easily match of the night. I think Becky or Sasha shoulda won but whatever it was a great match and was fun unlike most of the show.

AJ jobbing was a head shaking moment but he's not Vince's creation so he's gotta pay his dues.

New Day losing was odd, they've been so hot and the LON has been so not-hot that it seemed logical to award New Day with a Mania win but had to set up that segment with the old timers, I mean legends. Not like LON could have attacked the New Day after losing and still get the same result btu whatever.

The whole show seemed to be, "oh you like these guys well FUCK THOSE GUYS TAKE ROMAN MOTHER FUCKERS HAHAHAHHA that's what you get and you'll like it"

• Like 1

I'm not really as mad as I would have been in previous years, I guess because I saw the card and knew it would be bad. The finishes were all pretty bad. Really feels like Vince went out of his way to do things his way and remind us that none of the people we like are real stars.

I'm curious as to what Mania in a few years will look like. Taker's about done. Austin/Foley/Flair/HBK are retired. I guess Rock and HHH have some mania matches left in the tank. They really need to get on you know...building new stars.

8 minutes ago, rzombie1988 said:

I'm not really as mad as I would have been in previous years, I guess because I saw the card and knew it would be bad. The finishes were all pretty bad. Really feels like Vince went out of his way to do things his way and remind us that none of the people we like are real stars.

I'm curious as to what Mania in a few years will look like. Taker's about done. Austin/Foley/Flair/HBK are retired. I guess Rock and HHH have some mania matches left in the tanl. They really need to get on you know...building new stars.

We move from Attitude Era to Ruthless Aggression Era nostalgia? 

I thought Brock/Dean was easily the best Brock match since last year's Mania, but ultimately it was just as pointless and unproductive as everything else he's done this past year.  The story of the match was "Brock would've beaten him in 5 minutes like every other jabronie, but Dean had weapons.  And Brock beat him soundly anyway."  It helped nobody, and nothing especially memorable happened in the match. 

The "Roman needs to turn heel crowd" is going to be sorely disappointed when he comes out tonight for a promo and soaks in an arena full of boos while JBL crows about how he's "THE MOST POLARIZING FIGURE IN THE WWE MAGGLE!". Roman will say this is what's great about the WWE Universe - that we pay for our ticket and let our voices be heard, but whether we love or hate him he's going to come out and bust his ass every week just like he's always done. He'll proceed to talk about how he appreciated those who have been riding with the Big Dog, and he's gonna keep fighting for them. For everyone else, look out, because his bite is a lot worse than his bark. BELIEVE THAT.

This is the Roman Reigns that Vince fantasizes about when he tucks himself in at night and this is the Roman Reigns you're going to get, whether you like it or not.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Fallacy! said:

The "Roman needs to turn heel crowd" is going to be sorely disappointed when he comes out tonight for a promo and soaks in an arena full of boos while JBL crows about how he's "THE MOST POLARIZING FIGURE IN THE WWE MAGGLE!". Roman will say this is what's great about the WWE Universe - that we pay for our ticket and let our voices be heard, but whether we love or hate him he's going to come out and bust his ass every week just like he's always done. He'll proceed to talk about how he appreciated those who have been riding with the Big Dog, and he's gonna keep fighting for them. For everyone else, look out, because his bite is a lot worse than his bark. BELIEVE THAT.

This is the Roman Reigns that Vince fantasizes about when he tucks himself in at night and this is the Roman Reigns you're going to get, whether you like it or not.

I refused to give this a like but have quoted it for truth. Folks, to be blunt, this is how it will be until Vince McMahon dies. He doesn't give a shit what we think and never will so long as he's getting paid.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hooker said:

Can we finally dispense with the idea that Reigns is a great wrestler?

Roman Reigns is not a bad wrestler. He's had good matches. There's the rub.

4 minutes ago, Hooker said:

Can we finally dispense with the idea that Reigns is a great wrestler?

Once everyone acknowledges that Shane McMahon is better at doing Dean Ambrose's gimmick than Ambrose

• Like 1

I think it's time to admit that the members of the Shield are not as great as we all expected them to be when they were together. The team kept all of their worst traits hidden, Roman didn't have to carry promos or matchs, but he had the spots and the look, Seth didn't have to carry promos and his spottiness and pacing problems was hidden as part of a group, Dean could carry the promos but wasn't required to be all zany and crazy all the time to stick out, he wasn't trying to work being a "lunatic" he was just a little eccentric. He seemed the most ready but man did he regress the longer he's been on TV.

• Like 1

I still like Dean and think he should be the one being pushed at the top, he can be good in the ring and a good promo. His match at Roadblock with HHH was probably better than anything on Mania other than the Women's Title match and maybe the Ladder match. But he can be so annoying with his gimmick sometimes that it's distracting. I thought he did his best to look good against Brock too but the layout of Brock's matches have become such a hindrance to getting anyone but Brock over.

• Like 2