DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA 32 POST SHOW THREAD

RIPPA

Sasha, Charlotte, and Becky easily put on the match of the night, and even that had a finish that killed the crowd. The rest of the show was trash. You've got some major fucking problems with booking when Zack Ryder gets the biggest baby face pop for a win at WreslteFuckingMania.

The ladder match was pretty fun with a hot crowd, and KO and Zayn were over. Fucking Dolph Ziggler drug this down with his shittiness.

Jericho/Styles went on forever with Jericho kicking out of everything and winning. New Day were really over until the match started. Big E nearly died on his stupid spear spot, and three 55 years olds showed up New Day by beating up the team they couldn't beat.

Lesnar/Ambrose was a huge letdown. I thought Brock was trash in this match, and was one of the worst performers on the show. The win did nothing for Brock, and it wasn't a loss that will help Dean. crap

Corbin winning was pretty cool if they do anything with him.

Shane/Taker was an abomination until Shane jumped on an air bag. Yeah whatever the match sucked a dick.

I walked my dog when Rock came out, and got back in time to see more  young guys get punked out.

Main event was slow and bland. Roman has no baby face fire. The best thing about this by far was Steph's ridiculous intro.

The show was trash they could have at least made Sasha tonight, but they didn't have the fucking sense to do that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

Did anyone else notice they drowned out the Nakamura chants with BOOING? 

I commented about it on Twitter. The Nakamura chant started and magically went silent immediately. 

I really applaud their commitment. They had a plan. They stuck to it. It was opening a second front in Russia in World War II levels of ridiculous but up and down the card, they had a plan and they stuck to it, crowd reactions, long-term planning, potential positive outcomes, and reason be damned. That is some fucking commitment right there.

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, Hagan said:

Honestly, I just want to talk about how nuts HHH's entrance was. This people even on TV play educated corporate employees and then Steph dresses like an evil Warrior Queen and cuts a fascistic promo from atop a throne about her husband while he leads out a skeleton army all with their own WWE titles. That shit escalated fast. 

I loved that intro because I just couldn't stop laughing over it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, El Dragon said:

Bull fucking shit it was! That was a fucking awful match. Why in sam fuck is Shane McMahon outwrestling the FUCKING UNDERTAKER!

Re the last sentence... I get it, I kind of felt the same way... but even though Shane's a non-wrestler, Undertaker's really really old.  It's difficult for me to still see him as a monster on that level when we know he can only have like one match a year.  Not even sure I'm supposed to see him that way.

Also certainly didn't help that the face/heel structure was all muddy.

I don't understand what the point of Shane McMahon vs. Undertaker was.  The fans weren't going to root for Shane ending his career.  Where is that supposed to go now?  Do we find out what's in the lockbox?  The match was awful.  Shane wanted to look like a superhero for his kids or some such nonsense.  Well what superhero was he supposed to be?  Agent Bob of HYDRA?

8 minutes ago, Big Fresh said:

Not even close. It was one of the few highlights tonight.

If you mean that in the sense that it was so terrible, that it was enjoyable to watch two people have a match that bad on a stage that big, then I can see your point. I enjoy stuff like Manos: Hands of Fate and Glen or Glenda? too. 

How in the fuck do you bury the Wyatt's? Even the Rock said so himself. These guy's are over in spite of themselves. Did you see that entrance? They could have turned off all the lights and you could still see the ring. 

Jesus, fuck. Roman was literally taunting the crowd. That is not a babyface. Turn him heel already. This is the only way this ends well because unlike Cena and his era, we got options motherfucker. You can snatch every indy star you want to Vince, but I am already tempted to watch some goddamn ROH over this bullshit. Thank god for NXT because I'd be done with wrestling after tonight.

Does Vince fucking hate his fans that much that in order to redeem this show, he had to bring back the entire attitude era and fucking Tatonka to get people to give a shit? 

Just now, Casey said:

And I think I heard the "We Want Some Bayley" song chant, too.

It was that, the NXT chant, etc. All the boos would quickly turn into the crowd murmuring. Someone on twitter posted a live video and its so different from the broadcast. 

I'm tired and the show was an absolute clusterfuck. They kinda felt like they had something special with the women's match - but it seems like they're just doing word replacement to make things more important. Everything else is fucked.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/

Screens -

6df21d475738410.jpg

8f90a9475751593.jpg

749905475753958.jpg

f7c6cf475761849.jpg

a4e51e475766603.jpg

9dca73475770079.jpg

863fa3475772989.jpg

047d18475776603.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/n60vaed80axewkljs7ny1u3wkpld01uo

• Like 1

Just now, Matt D said:

I'm using this joke to death tonight because it's my favorite:

HHH's entrance is what would have happened if the Ghostbusters didn't save New York from Gozer the Gozerian. 

Steph's part was like a monolog from a play Jason Schwartzman would have written in RUSHMORE.

• Like 8

Real time thoughts

Spoiler

-The preshow slightly exceeded expectations. Ryback vs Kalisto was a fine little match, and the Divas tag wasn’t the botchamania reel some of us thought it would be. Good effort here.

-It’s always hard for me to judge these ladder matches because you’re literally not going to find a more choreographed type of match anywhere in the world. The little bits of Zayn vs Owens we got added some intensity to this, but overall it’s just not my thing. Once again, though, it was a good effort.

-I didn’t like Jericho’s act when he was in his physical prime, and I sure as hell don’t like it now that he has nothing left in the tank. Styles tried, but it was a bad match that did him no favors. If it was up to me Jericho would be arguing with Ian Rotten over bounced checks right now, but clearly I’m in the minority.

-Not going to bother with the New Day vs LON since it was more of a segment than a proper match. The old timers got their moment to shine and the New Day were just along for the ride.

-Ambrose vs. Lesnar was the biggest disappointment of the night. This would’ve been fine for a network special, but this was a weak card that needed something guaranteed to send the fans home happy. This Suplex City shit wasn’t it. I already feel bad for the poor saps who coughed up some serious cash to watch this live.

-Missed a good chunk of the women’s title match, but it looked like a good spotty triple threat from what I gathered. I didn’t mind the outcome, though I wasn’t as emotionally invested in this as some people. MOTN so far.

-Everything about Shane vs Taker was baffling, everything about the build was baffling, everything about this show has been baffling. I feel like I need shrooms to properly digest the stupidity of all this.

-The battle royal was some background noise while the crowd took their piss break. I don’t care for Corbin, but if you’re going to give out a trophy it might as well go towards putting over someone new.

-If there’s any saving grace for Bray, it’s that he no-sold Rock’s awful crowd work the entire time. I think that at least kept him from falling further down the chump heel totem pole. Cena’s run in was a neat surprise.

-I don’t even know what that HHH entrance was supposed to be. Some anti-capitalist performance art mixed with BDSM themes? Jesus, what a fucking goof. This was mostly dull with a few smoke and mirror spots here and there. Lots of obvious spot calling, but that seems to be a running theme for the night. HHH breaking out his best Zack Sabre Jr. imitation was an interesting turn of events.  The crowd is beyond burnt out and it took Stephanie getting destroyed just to get the slightest reaction out of them. This is an absolute catastrophe for all involved. I guess we can only take comfort in the fact that the worst WrestleMania ever happened in the $9.99 era. 

Can we cut the "Shane is a non-wrestler" talking point? Shane has wrestled hundreds of matches. VKM went even-steven with Austin and Hunter when they were in their primes and Shane held his own with fucking prime Angle and Kane. There are certainly reasons to not like the match but "Shane isn't a wrestler lol" isn't one of 'em. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

The only real babyface victory was Ryder's. Think about that. 

The preshow was all babyface victories.  The Kalisto win was actually booked really well, Brie got a nice tribute to DB, and I'd count the Usos, but the crowd Roman Reigned it.