DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2016 - APRIL

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Joe Lucia said:

They lost because Jose Bautista blatantly grabbed the second baseman's leg, which has nothing to do with the slide rule.

Exactly. That slide was illegal a decade ago let alone now. 

Fuck this "be a man" garbage people who are upset about it might come out with. It's no different than some schmuck pitcher being caught messing with the ball or a batter corking the bat(even if that doesn't actually help) or sending the Kissing Bandit out to distract Tommy Lasorda and Tabe so you can pull of a hidden ball trick. It's the 1980s isn't it?

• Like 1

I wound up only being able to watch the Angels feed of the Cubs game last night and when the game was done, all the Angels announcers could do was talk about how good the Cubs are.

Hell of a first two games to start the season. It's the Cubs first 2-0 start in 21 years.

Anyone else on MLB.TV? And if so, have you had enough of this fucking cell phone commercial with a thousand Jason Stahams? I've enjoyed this service for the last 6 years with no commercials, and now I have to see the same one over and over again for 9 innings?

Also, in an actual note about the season, this kid Joe Davis that is the newest addition to the Dodger booth is pretty goddamn good. Real easy interactions with Orel and Nomar last night, and I enjoyed his insight. It will be fun to see how the rest of the fanbase accepts him once Vin is actually gone.

2 hours ago, grilledcheese said:

Anyone else on MLB.TV? And if so, have you had enough of this fucking cell phone commercial with a thousand Jason Stahams? I've enjoyed this service for the last 6 years with no commercials, and now I have to see the same one over and over again for 9 innings?

Also, in an actual note about the season, this kid Joe Davis that is the newest addition to the Dodger booth is pretty goddamn good. Real easy interactions with Orel and Nomar last night, and I enjoyed his insight. It will be fun to see how the rest of the fanbase accepts him once Vin is actually gone.

All I get are the stupid players at home inserts and Rob Riggle talking about directing traffic at games. I'm tired of seeing Lorenzo Cain pretend to play video games.

Little late here but THOR DROPS HIS MIGHTY HAMMER ON KC! Of all our pitchers I think he may end up being the best. Can't wait to be at Citi Field for the opener on Friday.

2 hours ago, elizium said:

All I get are the stupid players at home inserts and Rob Riggle talking about directing traffic at games. I'm tired of seeing Lorenzo Cain pretend to play video games.

I am also tired of Cain and his fake video game playing, but that kid of his is cute as hell. I also never want to hear Smoltz talking about his gigantic goddamn house ever again. And then occasionally I will get 15-20 seconds or so of a commercial for the Dodgers "Express Written Consent" web segment, but it always cuts back to the static "Commercial Break in Progress" screen.

Yeah, I'm super happy to see him playing well. I keep saying it, but something clicked in him after he got benched and he's been such a better player since then. I hope he keeps playing well for you guys.

5 hours ago, Infinit said:

Somebody please explain why Gibby didn't put Storen in in the 8th...

Probably following the relief pitcher usage chart too closely since Storen pitched Monday and warmed up but didnt come in yesterday.  Probably didnt want him up 3 days in a row.  Better to find out Leon shouldn't be on the team now than later.

Boy, Kenta Maeda said hello in a big way, huh? Got to love getting started with 3 SO, even if it comes at the expense of the sad sack Padres. On to Pac Bell, I hope they keep it rolling! Kershaw - Bumgarner on Saturday, I'm sure it will fucking rule.

• Like 1