DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2016 - APRIL

Dolfan in NYC

Reddick has been rotating through wrestler themes throughout his time in Oakland.

Austin, the Wolfpack, and Roddy Piper turn up most often.

[That's him with the WWE belt a few years back as my avatar.] 

27 minutes ago, The Nature Boy said:

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/rafael-palmeiro-steroids-over-a-decade-later-the-baltimore-orioles-legend-moves-on-041816

This is an interesting piece about Rafael Palmeiro. I almost feel sorry for the guy. 

tumblr_n2lcgdtAiE1rvn2ylo1_400.gif

Don't. 

Arrieta is a fucking stud. 

The Dodgers tweeted a pretty solid goof about how the Arrieta no-no support group meets on Mondays.

Kershaw had an interesting line today. 8 IP, 10 H, 1 BB, 1 ER, 10 K for a ND. Bullpen kept up their end, and Grandal drives in Kiké in the 10th for the game winner. For all the shit that people run on the pen when they blow games, over their last 27 innings they've only only given up one earned run. That's a pretty goddamn good stretch. A consistent bullpen is a fine backbone for a winning club. I hope they can continue to minimize damage in appearances.

Edited by grilledcheese
  • Like 1

Yeah that Dodgers tweet was fun. Props to the Reds social media department who was having their own fun as well, who tweeted things like "Cubs win 16-0, Reds draw 4 BB" or "Recap: Reds 4 BB against the Cubs." 

What made this especially sweet is that Grandpa Ross is in his last season and got to call and catch Arrieta's no-hitter. It was his first no-hitter. AND he had a home run in the game. So, hell of a game for Ross and he's having a blast in this last season of his.