DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2016 - APRIL

Dolfan in NYC

These new Arizona road jerseys are atrocious. You can't even read them on any shot other than a close-up of the batter. Why is the grey so dark if you wanted to do black script? I tried to reserve judgement until seeing them on the field, but they're a mess. Mixing the teal and red was a huge mistake. Pick a look.

8 games played, leads in all 8. Record sits at 4-4. They have to find some success, man. I can't keep watching the pen blow good work from the rotation.

Couple of bright spots, though. Puig's ridiculous 2B, and his throw to Turner, who made a motherfucker of a relay to get Castillo at the dish. Hits in every inning but the 4th, but couldn't get those guys around. On to tomorrow! Bring me the head of Rubby De La Rosa!

All the hullabaloo for Scully before the game was real nice, and I enjoyed seeing Gibby, even if it was only on the video board. I wonder if that means the Parkinson's is getting worse. I hope not.

Edited by grilledcheese

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 4:00 AM, Joe Lucia said:

The Braves are fucking terrible.

That's all.

25 years ago, the Braves and Twins played the greatest World Series of all time.

Now they're the worst damn teams in baseball.

Hell of a way to celebrate a silver anniversary. And they get together for a couple of two-game series this year. I wonder if they'll find a way to tie.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/this-cubs-lineup-might-be-the-most-disciplined-lineup-ever/

The amount of walks this Cubs team is putting up is just ridiculous. Last night they put up 10 more walks. They won't keep this pace up, but they're forcing pitchers to beat them and they can't. It's been really fun to watch.

As fun was seeing Reds fans get so excited over their hot start and now they're getting exposed. Their pitching is ultra shitty.

More fun than that is seeing who is in last place in the NL Central. Hint: It's not the Brewers.

12 minutes ago, JimBob Skeeter said:

Twins are now 0-9.  I was bitching during preseason that only like three of the games were broadcast on the radio.  Now, I regret that bitching.  Foreshadowing, maybe?  I still wear my Twins shirts, but not with as much pride nowadays.

This is pretty much the worst possible scenario for Twins fans. They haven't won yet, they look awful. . .except for Joe Mauer, who's hitting about .380 and looks better than he has in years, so people can't yell at him, either.

Remember, he had some surgery or whatever in the offseason, which may have corrected whatever's been wrong with him. I think it was on his eyes.

On 4/13/2016 at 10:30 AM, RIPPA said:

What I am learning this season is that if you have catcher eligibility and I add you to my fantasy team - I will cripple you.

Two down...

Y'all thought I was joking

So I had to pick up Nick Hundley while Brian McCann was day to day... and Hundley immediately went into concussion protocol

• Like 1

From http://deadspin.com/report-the-giants-banned-hotel-room-service-for-pablo-1771213613

Spoiler

I know somebody whose job it was to check in on Sandoval in the offseason, in South Florida where he was supposed to be getting into shape, and he told me he would show up at this gym at 7:00 in the morning, and said, “I couldn’t beat him there.” In other words, Sandoval was already there when he showed up, every time, unannounced at 7:00. He would stay there for the entire morning, and then you see what kind of shape he showed up in, so it isn’t an unwillingness to work. Look, I’m not even playing a doctor on the radio this morning, but it certainly seems like this guy has some sort of significant eating disorder, because if you’re putting that much time in at the gym, and it’s supervised, and it’s all programmed out, and then you walk into camp, the way he did, you must be eating an awful lot to counteract the work you’re doing.

And I’ll tell you another anecdote. This is how concerned the Giants were when he played for them ... they would make special arrangements at the hotel the Giants were staying in to not allow him to order room service. They would tell the front desk management, “If he calls down for room service at night after games, do not send anything to this room.” They went to great measures to try to cut down on those eating binges, and it would only work for a time because he would find someplace to get food.

Dear Mr. Bumgarner, Kiké Hernandez would like to let you know that you can go fuck yourself.

What a game for Mr. Banana. 3-4 with 2 HR and a 2B, 4 RBI. Plus he made a hell of a play to end the 3rd on a Posey sinking liner that probably saved 2 runs and got Kershaw out of a jam. 

Good game from a few of the names on the club that are nowhere near superstars. Fun to see, especially against SFG.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Infinit said:

Beautiful afternoon at PNC yesterday, but the Bucs lost. Back at the ballpark tonight, hopefully we get a better results vs the Brewers ( and it's free tshirt night!)

We will break you, either that or that was our entire offensive output for the next 7 days.

On Saturday, April 16, 2016 at 10:17 AM, Ryan said:

We will break you, either that or that was our entire offensive output for the next 7 days.

Beautiful afternoon at PNC yesterday, but the Bucs lost. Back at the ballpark tonight, hopefully we get a better results vs the Brewers ( and it's free tshirt night!)

On Saturday, April 16, 2016 at 10:17 AM, Ryan said:

The Bucs just wanted to save driving in runners in and winning for the games I wasn't at lololol