DVDVR Message Board

[TV] APRIL 2016 DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Because everyone else who liked it watched it in March, on the BBC?

Anyone watched Colony? Sawyer from Lost and the fit doctor from Prison Break* in a Los Angeles that's been cut in half by an Alien spaceship, and the aliens now rule the world... and everyone travels by bicycle and trades using the barter system for some reason. I watched the pilot and it looks like it might turn into something good, but it might just be derivative rubbish too.

* I'm pretending she was never on the Walking Dead. It's best for everyone.

• Like 1

Yeah, I watched The Night Manager on the BBC. It was fine, but I didn't really find it engaging, and wasn't as impressed with the flashiness of the production as others seemed to be.

Line Of Duty finished up last night on BBC with a 90 minute episode and it was superb. It's like an internal investigation based cop show, got a bit silly at points but kept up the tension. Might want to watch the previous two runs of the show, but it's not really vital. Lindsay and Dot were great character performances especially.

3 hours ago, AxB said:

Because everyone else who liked it watched it in March, on the BBC?

Anyone watched Colony? Sawyer from Lost and the fit doctor from Prison Break* in a Los Angeles that's been cut in half by an Alien spaceship, and the aliens now rule the world... and everyone travels by bicycle and trades using the barter system for some reason. I watched the pilot and it looks like it might turn into something good, but it might just be derivative rubbish too.

* I'm pretending she was never on the Walking Dead. It's best for everyone.

I watched the whole first season.  It's okay enough, I guess.  It's maddening how they don't get into much backstory, like how the takeover happened.  The final episode of the season was shitty and didn't wrap much up, either.  You know, on second though, go ahead and avoid the rest unless you're REALLY into it.

Thanks. I won't bother with it... I did get the feeling that, as far as 'Actual extraterrestrial Aliens living right now in modern America' shows go, it wasn't as good as Alien Nation used to be. Or that one season of Battlestar Galactica where they're on the planet and the Cylons take over, and it's a blatant Iraq analogy with the Cylons being the USA and the humans being the Iraqis.

• RIPPA unpinned this topic