DVDVR Message Board

[TV] APRIL 2016 DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Vinyl was actually good last night and it got Wild Safari by Barrabas stuck in my head all day. The series would have been much better if it was focused on Ray Ramono's character.

Also, Last Man on Earth has really been knocking it out of the park the past few episodes.

Vinyl is heading into its last 2 episodes so most of the insane bullshit from the middle episodes dropped off. I like Ray Romano's character making a babyface comeback while Richie's shit is finally catching up with him. I think the show has a chance to end strong if the last 2 episodes can be as strong as this week's

James

Who honestly expected The People vs OJ Simpson to be that damn good? That last episode was gut wrenching. Like most people, I started watching it because I figured that it would be a fun, campy wig fest (which it was for sure), but it ended up being one of the most dramatic, best acted series I think I've ever watched.

They definitely need to keep the cast together for another season. At the very least, I need more of whatever it was that John Travolta was doing for 10 weeks.

3o85g6d5jshfIoiGaY.gif

• Like 1

Hunters needs to be really really good or really really campy. 

Something needs to tide me over until the new seasons of The Expanse and Killjoys cranks up again.

Mmmmm, Britne Oldford.  I am digging the new thing of putting Afro-questionable women like Hannah John-Kamen and Nathalie Emmanuel on my television in sci-fi and fantasy shows.

One of the Mass Effect books talks about how in the future, all of humanity will be mixed race. Which is kind of one of those societal trends you could easily extrapolate (if this percentage of the Earth's population was mixed race in 1916, and this percentage is in 2016, by 2116 it should be... much higher).

46 minutes ago, AxB said:

One of the Mass Effect books talks about how in the future, all of humanity will be mixed race. Which is kind of one of those societal trends you could easily extrapolate (if this percentage of the Earth's population was mixed race in 1916, and this percentage is in 2016, by 2116 it should be... much higher).

Racism will give way to class discrimination as per The Expanse and just about every other space opera on Syfy.. 

Colonies will become the new ghettos of disenfranchisement.  We also saw a bit of this in Mass Effect.. 

Im catching up before the new season starts but the end of Silicon Valley season one where they get the high Weissmann score had me getting a small bit emotional.......and then Richard pukes into a dumpster and im laughing again. 

Syfy's Hunters was pretty boring despite Britne Oldford being totally cute..

Julian McMahon's as the awesome villain is totally wasted in this.  He needs to be in a better vehicle as the bad guy..

Go and track down old episodes of Captain Scarlet & The Mysterions if you really need an "alien terrorist that look like humans" fix right now.

I don't even care about spoilers. What happened on Sleepy Hollow?

FWIW, Hawley killed the entire series for us. We didn't even make it to the fight with Moloch, which, you know, should have been how this series fucking ended.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Oh my Christ. That show is what happens when someone tries to fail harder than Heroes.

10 years from now there's going to be a Sleepy Hollow Reborn and I'm not even sure what that will even be except SUPER SHITTY.

I should have given up when they gave the Headless Horseman a ghost head and setup a love triangle story. The only thing this show hasn't done is the WE'VE SWITCHED BODIES I'MYOUYOU'REME story. Or maybe they have. Fucked if I know.

Is ther any talk Fox might renew Slleepy Hollow.  I kinda assumed it's DOA.  Fox moved it to Friday without much promotion and barely promoted the show at all when it came back from the winter break.

I don't really think it needs to go on without Nicole Beharie.  Especially since their plan if they get a fourth season seems to bring back Abby's soul in another body.

Yes, actually.  As bad as the ratings have gotten on Friday, 1) it's owned by Fox, which is always a big factor in renewals, 2) Friday shows tend to have a lower ratings threshold, and 3) Fox will already have more hours than usual to fill next year with the departure of American Idol, and it's actually more cost-effective to renew a show than start a new one.  It has some things going in its favor.

On the other hand, fan outrcy against Beharie's removal has been so strong, it's highly likely they'll lose a significant portion of whatever audience they have left.

Not really!  

There were a few fun episodes, but it was, for the most part, just a fairly inoffensive, generic supernatural procedural.  The production values seemed like they went way down too, and the big bads were pretty dull, save for all the unintnentional comedy surrounding Shannyn Sossamon's box.  This season really got a lot of mileage out of her box.

RUMBLINGZ~!!!

The new STAR TREK series will be an anthology series that can jump around the ST timeline from season to season.  The first season is allegedly set in the period between the last TOS movie and TNG.