DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2016 ANIMATED GIF THREAD

RIPPA

Is Kincaid the guy from Appalachia?  That's an interesting dude and I wish he'd won the Top Prospect Tournament instead of another 5'3" 130lb tiny tiny flippy guy.  There is literally nothing interesting or new about they guy who won, who is so ho-hum that I honestly can't remember his name right now despite having asked about him in the ROH thread yesterday.

Yes, he's from West Virginia and totally won the crowd over in 3 minutes. Lions Rush won. He's mechanically really good for a 21 year old who has only been wrestling for a year. Those two and Punisher Martinez all looked like they should be back on the regular. 

• Like 1

On 4/11/2016 at 10:38 AM, Rev Ray said:

Things you don't want to hear from Haku: Bruddah, you got a mosquito on the back on your head.  Don't worry, I'll squish it.

Most people around here probably know that he was invited to participate in the first UFC event from Denver but couldn't get approval from WCW to compete.  I know Haku is considered one of wrestling's great tough guys, but I wonder how he'd be regarded if he fared as well as the man who replaced him in the tournament, sumo player Teila Tuli.

If only they'd had HD cameras back then, you'd be able to see Tuli's teeth embedded on Gordeau's broken foot. But you can't. And he fought two more times on that show. Early UFC was nightmarish.

3 hours ago, Mistah Na1m4rk said:

Most people around here probably know that he was invited to participate in the first UFC event from Denver but couldn't get approval from WCW to compete.  I know Haku is considered one of wrestling's great tough guys, but I wonder how he'd be regarded if he fared as well as the man who replaced him in the tournament, sumo player Teila Tuli.

Instead of 'Savate VS Sumo', it would have said 'Savate VS Death', for one.

2 hours ago, AxB said:

If only they'd had HD cameras back then, you'd be able to see Tuli's teeth embedded on Gordeau's broken foot. But you can't. And he fought two more times on that show. Early UFC was nightmarish.

I didn't have any trouble seeing his broken right hand swelled up like a rubber glove full of water for the final bout with Royce Gracie.