DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2016 PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

4 hours ago, Oyaji said:

They both have SS logos proudly tattooed on their arms. 

harrisbrothers.jpg

They added the swirly stuff later so Vince (or Eric) would let them on TV. And then he wouldn't, so they added more swirly stuff.

Although oddly, Paul E had no problem with hiring them when they had just the SS with no tribal bollocks behind it. Neither did Cornette in SMW, come to think.

13 hours ago, AxB said:

harrisbrothers.jpg

They added the swirly stuff later so Vince (or Eric) would let them on TV. And then he wouldn't, so they added more swirly stuff.

Although oddly, Paul E had no problem with hiring them when they had just the SS with no tribal bollocks behind it. Neither did Cornette in SMW, come to think.

I remember reading a story that they had gotten the SS tattoos while in ECW; showing up proudly displaying them. I don't think they had them during their run as the Blu twins in 1995. Regardless of when they got them, fuck the Harris twins. 

• Like 2

You would have thought they'd have had the sense to just add a "KI" in front of the SS, rather than go for the awful tribals they did get. Even if they weren't fans of ol' Genie Simmons and them lads.

When you google image search Harris Twins, you get a few pictures of Neal Patrick Harris and his brother, and lots of some bodybuilder fellas called Harrison. You have to scroll right down to get Ron and Don. Here's the Blu Brothers:

13_WWE-Encyclopedia-250.jpg

Jacob and Eli Blu. I bet when they trademarked those names they were planning on having a team do a Blues Brothers gimmick (Jake and Elwood), but gave up and used it for a couple of hillbilly guys instead.