DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

6 minutes ago, Sublime said:

Cena might get to be a full on face for the first time in forever if they run that match. I actually hope they run it tonight and Cena wins (lol).

Maybe this whole Roman super push is a ploy to get smarks on board with a John Cena title run. 

1 minute ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

This would be Cena's record breaking win right....so it would be smart to get him to be as much of a babyface as possible.  

Record tying so we'll get another quickie run so we can get the "OMG! CAN CENA BREAK FLAIRS RECORD" build. Next year's Mania build will probably be built around Cena going for number 17.

34 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

So Roman spent his time on The Today Show this morning calling John Cena out

I caught that segment and regretted that Cena was at 'Mania, and wasn't still in his 9am Today Show host phase. 

Yeah, wouldn't have been anything special. But a Kauffman/Lawler-ish thing would've been cool. Maybe it's just me. Yeah, probably. 

Cena verbally destroying Reigns and then beating him for the title would do great things for Cena. 

Watch them STILL not get it and turn Cena heel instead. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

The company held off a year to given Roman Reigns a big win, he's not dropping that belt until sometime in 2017 barring an injury

What are you talking about? How many "big wins" does he need? This is his third title run in 6 months.

• Like 5

Don't like or hate Reigns as much as others, but creative I definitely do hate. I'm glad he won last night so we can finally get past his "Wrestlemania moment". Let him sink, swim or let him do Cena-light like he is doing. The crowds responses and stuff aren't clear to Vince that it's not working, so just let him have his run so Vince can get over it.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Sublime said:

AS many as it takes for him to get over. One of these big wins will take, damnit.

I guess we'll be at this stage for a while then. I'm content to see how long they stay on course. Seems like Vincent thinks he can just ram right through the glacier.

31 minutes ago, Craig H said:

What are you talking about? How many "big wins" does he need? This is his third title run in 6 months.

He beat Dean Ambrose in a tournament after the champion was injured, and he beat Sheamus on RAW. Of course this is all for naught as tonight on RAW, The Authority will reverse the decision saying Roman Reigns should have been disqualified for attacking Stephanie McMahon and the belt will be on Hunter by the end of the night.

Basically this is a big plan to make Roman Reigns a 17-time WWE World Heavyweight Champion by Wrestlemania Disney (33)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I guess we'll be at this stage for a while then. I'm content to see how long they stay on course. Seems like Vincent thinks he can just ram right through the glacier.

Glaciers are getting pretty thin these days.

The other reason that it's silly to think that Reigns won't drop the title right away is because they've built to this for so long. It wasn't that long ago, but the build to Reigns winning at 31 was just as long and he lost anyway. Never ever underestimate Vince's propensity to change his mind especially now that his favorite toy is working again.

Not saying Reigns WILL drop the title right away, but I'm giving it 3 months until he drops the title to someone else.

My least favorite spot will always be "babyface sunset flip from outside the ring, heel grabs the top rope to prevent going down. Should be an automatic break, right,?  NOPE! Ref inexplicably kicks the heel's hands off the type and gives down to count the near fall." Hatred it when I was nine, still do now.

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Cena verbally destroying Reigns and then beating him for the title would do great things for Cena. 

Watch them STILL not get it and turn Cena heel instead. 

Cena vs Reigns to me would be the real indicator of where Reigns stands to them. I don't think they'd let Reigns get the better of him.

Which full timer quits this week, thinking they can just come back at WM 45 and squash one of the Tag Team champs just prior to Shane's oldest defending the title in an Inferno in the Cell match?

16 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

It'd probably be a best of three series spread out over 12-18 months.  Cena definitely gets his 16th WHC title at some point.  But he's also pushing 40, coming off an injury, with his movie career taking off.  In the end, I think Reigns would win the rubber match.

Lol, 12-18 months.  They will have 12 singles matches, been tag team champions, broken up, regained the tag team championship, fight in the Cell, have a last man standing match, then find mutual respect all within 8 weeks.  

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

Lol, 12-18 months.  They will have 12 singles matches, been tag team champions, broken up, regained the tag team championship, fight in the Cell, have a last man standing match, then find mutual respect all within 8 weeks.  

So what you're saying is we will find out in about a month that Vince Russo is writing RAW again and we'll only find out because he still doesn't know how to send e-mails and will send an e-mail to Mike Johnson instead of Michael Cole

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

What in the Vince Russo on a cocaine binge hell? :lol:

Turn the Authority face and send a bunch of NXT guys after Reigns. You could do Reigns/Joe, Reigns/Balor, Reigns/Corbin, Reigns/Nakamura. Also since wins and losses don't matter, you could easily do Reigns/Styles, Reigns/Owens, Reigns/Zayn

25 minutes ago, joseph2112 said:

I think the larger point is who in the hell would they put against Reigns if not Cena? Everybody else is lower mid-card junk except for HHH and Lesnar.

For better and worse, I think last night also ended that when they took Zack Ryder from "lowest guy on the totem pole for years" to "relevant for Mania", to "legit contender", to the Intercontinental Championship within two weeks. (Of course, it also means WWE could do that for someone the fans LIKE to make them Reigns, but still.)