DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I only learned today that Ricochet and Tessa Blanchard are a couple

A conspiratorial mind could say that's the reason Bates' role is now being played by Tessa in NXT

Some of the NXT women didn't like her because she had her own deal. She was able to work shows on weekends, have her own merchandise and make money while they are chained to a nothing deal from WWE. That's the one thing I can't get. Wouldn't the best thing for all those people they have sitting around in the performance center instead of just saying "sorry, you're not booked on the spot show tonight" tell them, go out and get on some local show in the area.

I mean hell there's got to be more than a few company's within driving distance of Orlando. They pay some dues, work shitty shows for next to nothing and really see what the wrestling business is like. It weeds out the weak. I'm surprised they aren't doing this.

I'm laughing so hard at the people bitching about the crowds singing a song to Bayley, and completely missing the meaning behind the song. Of course a number of the people here would look at it as objectifying Bayley as a sexual object, while ignoring that MAYBE, just maybe the crowds sing that song to her because they like her and they've chosen her as "their" girl. You know, like Daniel Bryan was to a lot of people in 2014. But, hey, whatever, if she has a vagina it must be trying to objectify her! Meanwhile, maybe 1 or two people have ever called out the guy that does the RAW threads for posting ass crack and tit screengrabs. That's okay, apparently - but singing a song? HELL NO!

Also, I like how the crowds booing John Cena must mean they're "Smarky McSmarks" or neckbeards instead of, y'know, actively disliking his work and booing him accordingly.

Such a negative view inside this wrestling bubble.

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, Casey said:

I'm laughing so hard at the people bitching about the crowds singing a song to Bayley, and completely missing the meaning behind the song. Of course a number of the people here would look at it as objectifying Bayley as a sexual object, while ignoring that MAYBE, just maybe the crowds sing that song to her because they like her and they've chosen her as "their" girl. You know, like Daniel Bryan was to a lot of people in 2014. But, hey, whatever, if she has a vagina it must be trying to objectify her! Meanwhile, maybe 1 or two people have ever called out the guy that does the RAW threads for posting ass crack and tit screengrabs. That's okay, apparently - but singing a song? HELL NO!

Also, I like how the crowds booing John Cena must mean they're "Smarky McSmarks" or neckbeards instead of, y'know, actively disliking his work and booing him accordingly.

Such a negative view inside this wrestling bubble.

More hilarious is saying its on the same level as a woman holding a "Face Fuck me Finn" sign, but thats ok because she probably really enjoys his wrestling also. That's the Internet in a nutshell.

• Like 2

I think that's something of a misrepresentation of what I'm saying, but I'll let it go, though I do want to say that, no, the sign isn't okay either and is pretty desperate and creepy. 

@Casey: Mind if I offer a rebuttal to your counter point of points of some folks in this thread, such as myself?

Ok, so, let me get this right. Thinking or speculating that maybe part of the audience boos Cena because they get a chance at him smiling, taking it in stride, and interacting with them is negative?

Then what's saying that No, that can not be right, that must be wrong because they are all booing him because they don't like him mean in terms of positivity? 

Also, when you use the terms McSmark and neckbeards in your post, and when you admit to laughing at the opinions of some people, do you think that you're not in the same negative bubble that you believe has surrounded this thread and/or site?

• Like 2

1) We try not to sexualize Bayley, she's pretty young

2) Rick Rude lady only weirds me out because she reminds me of my aunt

3) We're all neckbeards, especially me I learned today

4) John Cena is the best wrestler in the world today. John Cena sucks.

5) Face Fuck Me Finn is, on the surface kinda gross, but a little bit hilarious for the sheer boldness of it

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

I mean hell there's got to be more than a few company's within driving distance of Orlando. They pay some dues, work shitty shows for next to nothing and really see what the wrestling business is like. It weeds out the weak. I'm surprised they aren't doing this.

Perhaps the Global Cruiserweight Series will lead to such allowances. I don't know who all is in the tourney, but I reckon some of them are working Florida indies currently.

4 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

5) Face Fuck Me Finn is, on the surface kinda gross, but a little bit hilarious for the sheer boldness of i

Considering she's still at it, it seems Balor will not replace Cena as the Make-a-Wish king.

3 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

Is that how Cena got that title? Damn. Suckas didn't wants to know...

What happens now that Nikki has retired with the Fucking John Cena Championship?

I don't know where I'm going with this.

22 minutes ago, Infinit said:

I'll ask, just because no one else has yet. Any word on if this FFMFin broad was hot, or not? Suckas gots to know lol

I personally think she's a dime, but this Tweet might make her go to 11:

EDIT: This probably goes without saying, but yes, I realize I'm one of said mouth breathers (in my own house, thankfully). I just admire the fact that she pulled out the Kevin Nash Defense

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

At this point, isn't booing Cena pretty much the same thing as cheering for him?  Isn't it kind of like, "You know, I really like you, but I feel it is far more socially acceptable for me as a Smarky McSmarkface to show my appreciation through boos"?  Is there really that many people who still think Cena actually sucks?

Does it count that I thought "Oh no" when I saw he's coming back? I feel like John Cena's almost as stale as "evil authority figure" at this point. And no number of out-of-place springboard stunners can change that.

4 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

At this point, isn't booing Cena pretty much the same thing as cheering for him?  Isn't it kind of like, "You know, I really like you, but I feel it is far more socially acceptable for me as a Smarky McSmarkface to show my appreciation through boos"?  Is there really that many people who still think Cena actually sucks?

He addressed this on telly, in America:

• Like 1

No way in a million years they would do this cause "Cena has to look strong, DAMMIT!" but how fucking awesome would it be if Cena returned to the Memorial Day Raw cut a promo that was interrupted by Bullet/Balor Club and they just beat the snot out him. I'm talking blood, throwing back the protective mats and piledrive him on it and gets the stretcher deal and all that. Then we don't see Cena for like 6 months and Gallows, Anderson and Finn run roughshod over the WWE.

Yep, she's creepy and desperate, but she fits right in with the mouthbreathers* that she's deriding on Twitter, so it all works out in the end.

John Cena coming back is welcome to me. I miss him working the midcard on PPV. If we're talking guys that I don't miss, Randy Orton would be it. On the Good Will Wrestling podcast where the DVDVR guys talked top one hundred wrestlers, I think it was RIPPA who said that Henry gave Orton his best matches. Then I thought about it, and yes, that's true, but second, Orton is a black hole at this point and those were probably by far his best matches. Cena is polarizing and fun and energetic, so he's always welcome to be on my TV screen. 

*As a wrestling fan, I accept that I may be perceived - and may even be! - a mouthbreather as well. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Yep, she's creepy and desperate, but she fits right in with the mouthbreathers* that she's deriding on Twitter, so it all works out in the end.

John Cena coming back is welcome to me. I miss him working the midcard on PPV. If we're talking guys that I don't miss, Randy Orton would be it. On the Good Will Wrestling podcast where the DVDVR guys talked top one hundred wrestlers, I think it was RIPPA who said that Henry gave Orton his best matches. Then I thought about it, and yes, that's true, but second, Orton is a black hole at this point and those were probably by far his best matches. Cena is polarizing and fun and energetic, so he's always welcome to be on my TV screen. 

*As a wrestling fan, I accept that I may be perceived - and may even be! - a mouthbreather as well. 

The sad thing is - I had honestly forgotten that Orton exists. I don't miss him at all and probably wouldn't care if I ever saw him again. He's probably the least charismatic guy to ever receive a major push. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Comedian said:

Holy cow they actually went ahead with this fuckin' shit?

They've been playing ads for it for months. 

At least this isn't like the Rock n' Wrestling cartoon and at least some of the guys are voicing themselves.