DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

23 hours ago, J.H. said:

Would you rather the base a movie around "The Forbidden Dance"?

Actually... you could book a whole women's division angle around that Julia Stiles movie where she is a ballerina trying otget into Juliard

James

Save the Last Dance

I'm here to help.

On 4/9/2016 at 9:54 AM, BoKnowsWrestling said:

There's only one outdoor bash right? Or did they do another later.

I don't know about BATB, but they did a few Spring Break Nitro's (I remember Sting rappelling from a Helicopter) and an outdoor show on MTV that had a battle royale with Saturn, Hugh Morris, and Jericho in it 

I've posted these before but this is the video of the battle royal involving Chris Jericho, Perry Saturn, Rey Mysterio, Hugh Morris and Billy Kidman at the MTV Beach House.

And here is my favorite WCW Snowbrawl battle royal from MTV Snowed In '99. The battle royal features Konnan, Kenny Kaos, Disco Inferno, Billy Kidman, Brian Adams, Wrath and Booker T. And it also features commontary from Jimmy Hart Rob Zombie and Larry Zybszko 

57 minutes ago, zendragon said:

I don't know about BATB, but they did a few Spring Break Nitro's (I remember Sting rappelling from a Helicopter) and an outdoor show on MTV that had a battle royale with Saturn, Hugh Morris, and Jericho in it 

I remember the spring break battle royal that went on while Fear Factory was playing. Wrestling needs more metal bands playing during matches. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I remember the spring break battle royal that went on while Fear Factory was playing. Wrestling needs more metal bands playing during matches. 

Was someone eating something gross or doing a death-defying stunt?  Seems like a weird crossover, but who am I to judge?

Edited by nate
FactorY ... jeezus H, I'm ashamed of myself.

For outdoor shows, nothing beats this gem from WCW/MTV that was held on the west side piers. They didn't take into account the weather and put up a tent and everything got soaked since it was outdoors.

DDP did help Van Halen (Gary Cherone version) a win that day in some video tournament so the day was very WCW.

• Like 1

That video is amazing.  "We're representing Will Smith because we get jiggy...wiggy".  I also love that it's a 4:19 video and about two minutes are just the entrances.  You also have to give credit to Public Enemy for doing a table spot in a 2:00 minute match in front of very few people in the pouring rain.

7 hours ago, caley said:

That video is amazing.  "We're representing Will Smith because we get jiggy...wiggy".  I also love that it's a 4:19 video and about two minutes are just the entrances.  You also have to give credit to Public Enemy for doing a table spot in a 2:00 minute match in front of very few people in the pouring rain.

2-3 posts in a row mentioned bands and wrestlers, so forgive my confusion as I imagined Chuck D powerbombing a dude through a  table

• Like 5

14 hours ago, zendragon said:

The last Nitro was one of those Spring Break Nitro's from Club La Vela.  That was the Spring Break of my senior of college, and we were there the week before.  My roommate's girlfriend was even staying at the hotel right next to the Club.  Imagine my surprise when we got back on Sunday, only to see that not only had WWE bought WCW, but we just narrowly missed the last Nitro ever.

Do you think they ever had any plans as far as this storyline goes?

I thought that Shane might lose at Wrestlemania, but then in a twist Linda would come out on Raw the next day and give Shane her shares in the company, so he would have control over Smackdown or something.

None of what's happening right now makes any sense.

14 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

What was even the point of the Taker match?

Nothing at all.  They just needed another big match for Mania.  Vince is lazy, unimaginative and has no faith in anybody from this generation so that was they best they could come up with.  We should have known, when HHH and Steph were nowhere to be seen -- in an angle where their jobs were supposedly on the line -- that nothing was going to come of this.  I mean come the fuck on.  It was an angle where the entire future of the company was at stake and nobody outside the principles involved with it even talked about it.  Damn.  It was a hotshot angle that existed in a parallel universe and had nothing to do with the existing storylines.