DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I sense a match review in the future where someone in all seriousness says, "Used to be a pineapple to the face would be an easy 3 count, now it's a transition move. "

• Like 5

As awesome would it be to see a Network Special from Hawaii titled Bash at the Beach from an actual beach but there's no way Vince and Kevin Dunn will ever do that.

But in all seriousness they should put the Hawaii show on the Network and one of the Japan shows too.

Edit: I had not read the last page before posting.

They'd never do it but I thinks there's some money to be made off of some Blu-Ray anthology sets of old NWA/WCW PPV's like Starrcade, Great American Bash, Bash at the Beach, Halloween Havoc, Super Brawl, Spring Stampede and Fall Brawl.

2 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

They absolutely must have a garbage match that tears through the set and makes use of all the beach-themed props.

Or better yet, forget the arena and really kick it old school.

wcw-bash-at-the-beach-1995.png?w=650&h=4

The only wrestling PPV I could literally walk to from my house. 

In other news, Lucha Underground has already fired MVP.

1 hour ago, Web Conn said:

They'd never do it but I thinks there's some money to be made off of some Blu-Ray anthology sets of old NWA/WCW PPV's like Starrcade, Great American Bash, Bash at the Beach, Halloween Havoc, Super Brawl, Spring Stampede and Fall Brawl.

I think there might have been money in that before the network, but now? Why would your spend a hundred bucks on the complete Starcade collection when you can get it for just $9.99 a month Maggle

5 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

They absolutely must have a garbage match that tears through the set and makes use of all the beach-themed props.

Or better yet, forget the arena and really kick it old school.

wcw-bash-at-the-beach-1995.png?w=650&h=4

It's funny to see that crowd and hear Tony shriek about how 100,000 people are there now that we know what nearly 100,000 people at a show actually looks like.

13 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

The first few years of the Hogan era, they were really pushing Bash at the Beach over Starcade as their biggest show.

I remember hearing that Bischoff really wanted Halloween Havoc or Superbrawl to be the biggest shows.

19 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

I can't believe Dixie Carter didn't think of this first.

I just can't believe they don't have Don West shilling this Gold thing for them. I mean if you want someone selling Gold, it's Don West.

FOLKS HAVE I GOT A DEAL FOR YOU TODAY. IT'S GOLD. LITERALLY GOLD. GEM MINT 10 STRAIGHT FROM THE VAULTS GOLD....

Of course, Jarrett has a lot to work on. He's no William DeVane.

There's only one outdoor bash right? Or did they do another later.

Yeah that was in 1995. That was just to shoot footage for an episode of Baywatch around an episode with Hogan and Savage helping to Lifeguards save some rec center from Flair wanting to buy it or something

• Like 2

14 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

It's funny to see that crowd and hear Tony shriek about how 100,000 people are there now that we know what nearly 100,000 people at a show actually looks like.

How dare you call into question the integrity of The Voice of WCW.  Next, you'll be suggesting he was insincere all those many, many nights he declared Nitro "the biggest night in the history of our sport."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

Yeah that was in 1995. That was just to shoot footage for an episode of Baywatch around an episode with Hogan and Savage helping to Lifeguards save some rec center from Flair wanting to buy it or something

Of all movies to borrow a plot from, they choose Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo?

• Like 1

Would you rather the base a movie around "The Forbidden Dance"?

Actually... you could book a whole women's division angle around that Julia Stiles movie where she is a ballerina trying otget into Juliard

James

18 minutes ago, (BP) said:

"I'm the Nature Boy! I've got the documents!" 

Based on everything I watched as a child I thought my life would definitely involve saving a lot of rec centers from evil land developers.

There were going to be a lot of regattas and ski races and camp-based olympiads to win in the process too.

All that fucking training I did and none of this ever came up.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

Hey there was probably 100,000 at that Bash at the Beach if you include a 10 mile range of the beach and the fish  

At the time, it would've been almost half the population of the city.