DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

7 hours ago, Cristobal said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I agree that I don't see a women's title switch being something the crowd would hate, (unless it's to Eva Marie,) but the IC title switch doesn't make sense either? Who would be debuting though that could win the IC belt that fans wouldn't like? The post-Mania crowd would go nuts for Joe or a returning Cesaro winning. Miz, maybe, with the return actually being Maryse?

Well, I called it. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, evilwaldo said:

Somewhere John Cena sheds a tear when he thinks about his Hollywood career while every WWE superstar is begging for a Batista scrap.

Imagine how fucked WWE would've been if Cena left to do films around the time Batista left.

Also with the new WWE Films movie with Kane and Dolph Ziggler has Kane done the most films for WWE Films?

1 hour ago, Brysynner said:

Imagine how fucked WWE would've been if Cena left to do films around the time Batista left.

Not hating on Cena, but there's at least a possibility things would actually be better right now, because they would have actually had to push some people during those years, when they relied entirely on Cena.

Speaking of guys that could be gone from the company: Could yesterday have been Wade Barrett's unceremonious last TV appearance for the company? His contract apparently runs out in June. What are they going to do with him for those last two months after he's been kicked out of the LON? They might just have him sit it out.

2 hours ago, The Z said:

Not hating on Cena, but there's at least a possibility things would actually be better right now, because they would have actually had to push some people during those years, when they relied entirely on Cena.

Substitute Rollins/The Authority for Cena and you have the heel side of the roster.

1 hour ago, Cristobal said:

They might as well have him stay home. He doesn't have enough credibility left for it to matter if he puts anyone over on the way out and they can save themselves the money to fly him to shows and no risk of him getting hurt.

By the way, after Barrett's gone Heath Slater, Darren Young and Skip Sheffield will be the only guys left on the roster from NXT season 1. Who would have thought?

Remember the reports weeks ago about how some guy's contract was coming up and they weren't planning on renewing it and it would be somebody a lot of the IWC "wouldn't be sad to go"? What ever happened with that? Anything?

I'm wondering if perhaps Ryback's contract is up soon, especially with him being pushed to the pre-pre-Mania show and losing to Kalisto in the match. He hasn't done much of anything the last few months.