DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I didn't want to go through the whole HOF thread, so I'll ask here. Did anyone recognize any non WWE talent in the crowd? I noticed lucha masks in the front talent area that weren't Sin Cara or Kalisto in wide shots but could make out who they were.

13 minutes ago, Infinit said:

I didn't want to go through the whole HOF thread, so I'll ask here. Did anyone recognize any non WWE talent in the crowd? I noticed lucha masks in the front talent area that weren't Sin Cara or Kalisto in wide shots but could make out who they were.

One was Kalisto's wife who everyone was convinced was Sexy Star because apparently if you are blonde, female and wear a mask that means you are Sexy Star

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jamal said:

When the face in peril, during a tag match, is making that sloooooooooow crawl to tag his partner and then eventually gets the burst of energy to tag him before the opponent can manage to grab him.

Another during tag matches, when the face partner, who hasn't been tagged, jumps in the ring and starts arguing with the referee, allowing the heels to double team and beat the hell out of his partner, thanks to his distraction. 

You are a horrible person. Sorry.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, The Nature Boy said:

I will say that I appreciate WWE having the tag rope there. It never gets mentioned but it's a nice touch. 

My earliest memories of watching wrestling on tv involve Gordon Solie explaining "Australian Tag Team Rules" and how a tag wasn't legal unless the man was holding on to that rope.

I am very amused about Darren Rovell tweeting about what a disaster it is getting into Mania right now (speaking specifically about the Standing Room Only deal)

It's odd not getting ready to sit down to Mania.  I think the last time I did not see Mania live (either in person or PPV) was WM VIII.  Actually, irrc, the only three I haven't watched live are I, II, and VIII.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

One was Kalisto's wife who everyone was convinced was Sexy Star because apparently if you are blonde, female and wear a mask that means you are Sexy Star

Just goes to show, no matter how much progress we've made as a society, there's still a long way to go in the realm of mask acceptance.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Apparently - wifi is down at Jerry World so they can't scan tickets - thus no one is getting in

I am so happy right now

I also read there's a power issue in the building so there's an issue with the doors so I guess that would be it.

Man I can just see Vince on the phone with Jerry now.

JESUS CHRIST JERRY, YOU SPENT A BILLION DOLLARS ON THIS DUMP...GET SOMEONE TO UNPLUG THE ROUTER.

1 minute ago, Big Fresh said:

"Have you tried pulling out the cartridge and blowing into it???"

Have we got one of them AOL CD's laying around here somewhere? Can we use that to, how do say it, restart, reboot, whatever it is you do to get it up and running again?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Comedian said:

Have we got one of them AOL CD's laying around here somewhere? Can we use that to, how do say it, restart, reboot, whatever it is you do to get it up and running again?

"Someone get on the roof and wiggle the antenna around!"

6 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

I also hate Tower of Doom spots. They just look so contrived.

I hate Tower of Doom spots because the guy(s) at the bottom always sells it too, even though all he's done is Powerbomb someone. Which isn't usually exhausting. I especially hate it when they crowbar them into tag matches, because you're supposed to save your partner from getting Superplexed, not set up a Super Belly to Back on the guy that's Superplexing him (that will take your whole team out at the cost of hurting one of your two opponents). If it's a four way match, then fair enough it makes a kind of sense. But it's something that would have meant something if it stayed unique, but instead started getting done every month or so, and meant less and less each time.