DVDVR Message Board

Holy Foley

Mickey and Hughie are the best parts. I don't hate it, but I don't particularly love it, either. Someone asked about Mick's stand-up act, and the time I saw him, it was actually pretty great. He's a really engaging storyteller, and he had Jake the Snake, DDP, and Scott Hall come up to do some story/Q&A's with him. 

• Like 2

So this is some meta "Look, we all know reality shows are fake, so let's make it obviously fake" deal right? Cause I'm barely into the first one and its fucking blatantly obvious the "photo shoot with Collette arguing with the photographer" is a spoof.

I can totally picture Foley wanting to do a "worked shoot" where it's fake but shows some real things about the family. 

4 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Mickey and Hughie (seriously... why is Mickey not named Louie??) Are by far the best parts of the show. 

Well, based on the first one they're the only people allowed to actually be real . They can't give a script to the kid who's autistic and the other one is apparently a quick wit.

I know we are supposed to hate this and view it through 18 layers of ironic detachment but fuck it, i honestly enjoy it.  Falls comfortably into the stupid but fun category for me.

Also when Mick welled up upon seeing the Hell In a Cell cage at the warehouse I did too.  For just a minute I forgot the diva creepiness and the Christmas room and the horrible stand up and just remembered the guy who was my wrestling hero as a teenager.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I haven't watched but from reading this thread, did Noelle actually train to become a wrestler or no? Was that legit?

It seems legit.  They show her in ring training and doing moves and she looks like she knows the basics.  

I've seen Dan Barry years ago when we'd go to the USA Pro and ICW shows in Queens.  I think he may have invented the Irish Car Bomb (moonsault blockbuster suplex that D'Lo Brown ended up using for awhile.  I think now he's known for his tag work as Team Tremendous as a pair of undercover cops with Bill Carr.

• 2 months later...

So I've been watching this on the network and I maybe in the minority here but I kinda like it. Best episode so far is when Noelle hangs out with Becky Lynch and when she's trained by Becky & Sasha. Are there any new episodes coming up as there's only 5 so far.  Haven't looked for spoilers, but I'm assuming Noelle hasn't been signed up by the WWE (as of yet anyway). 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The lunch with Dewey and Frank was painful but hilarious. The king of nepotism Dewey Foley telling Frank the fucking Clown his idea to debut with Noelle wasn't gonna work was fantastic. I laughed til I had to pause the episode. And Huey and Mickey still bring the lols. Make this show about them shitting on the rest of their family and the world around them and I'm in...

Also, Mickey learning to play Mick's theme on guitar was mildly tender. 

Edited by just drew