DVDVR Message Board

Holy Foley

7 hours ago, JRGoldman said:

Is this referring to Frank the Clown? I don't dislike him because I'm jealous he's dating Noelle Foley. I dislike him because he loudly and constantly complains that the WWE needs to pay attention to him because he buys tickets. He's the wrestling fan equivalent of a dude who thinks a woman is a bitch because she didn't fuck him after he bought her a drink. He has a gross sense of entitlement. Dress up how you want, date who you want, but don't expect celebrity status because of it. 

He loudly bitched on Twitter when he wasn't included in a WWE.com listicle of the 10 most famous WWE fans.  So... yeah.

Then he wrote a ten page letter to WWE about how they were screwing up everything and told them how much better the booking would be if they listened to his ideas and then vowed that he was DONE with WWE...  only to continue buying tickets and talking about WWE 24/7. 

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Then he wrote a ten page letter to WWE about how they were screwing up everything and told them how much better the booking would be if they listened to his ideas and then vowed that he was DONE with WWE...  only to continue buying tickets and talking about WWE 24/7. 

So pretty much every wrestling fan ever?

• Like 1

While I agree that buying a John Cena shirt is almost dressing like a clown, motherfucker literally dresses like a clown so that is a new level of shitty wrestling fan I don't go to shows to avoid hanging out with

Sort of related: in the past couple of weeks Foley has been spamming his Facebook followers with articles from the same terrible click bait page constantly, and I have an awful feeling it's Frank the Clown trying to become a social media mogul. 

• 1 month later...

It's so cheesy and fake that I found it entertaining.  I look forward to the further adventures of Santa Mick, Crazy Eyed Collette, Lovely Noelle, WWE Employee Dewey, and the one at the end of the spectrum and the other one slightly less far along the spectrum. Plus Frank the Clown!

• Like 1

I watched all the episodes available after SS last night.  

-It's basically a sitcom with the pretense of being a reality show, including a bunch of classic sitcom plot devices.  

-Pretty much everything involving Noelle and Mick comes off as over the top kayfabed and almost painfully unfunny at times.

-Dewey looks like a younger and more out of shape Kevin Steen.  I felt kind of bad for him in that episode where he was trying succeed on his own terms only to have Mick show up at the office and likely make the rest of the staff think he got his job via nepotism or favors.  It reminded me of Rocky 6 where his son is constantly in his shadow despite trying to do his own thing.  Granted the whole thing is quite likely a work and he actually did just get the job so they'd have something to film on the show.

-Every time Frank the Clown came on pretty much everyone was doing their best to contain their contempt for him.  He comes off like an even bigger tool on here and it's clear he wants to become the male equivalent of a Kardashian type who is famous for being a massive social media presence and not actually doing anything noteworthy.

-The bit with Noelle at the PC was pretty cool.  Both Sasha and Becky came off as really good people and it was nice to see them in a more real life context.

-Mickey and Hughie were the least featured but funniest parts of the show, probably because their portions are the least scripted.  Their blunt honesty about the rest of the family's buffonery was quite amusing.

-A few years ago I found out too late that Mick was doing his standup tour in my town (on my birthday no less).  Seeing the clips here I'm wondering - is the whole thing filled with painfully unfunny dad jokes?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, offspring515 said:

It's so cheesy and fake that I found it entertaining.  I look forward to the further adventures of Santa Mick, Crazy Eyed Collette, Lovely Noelle, WWE Employee Dewey, and the one at the end of the spectrum and the other one slightly less far along the spectrum. Plus Frank the Clown!

Remember how we were just talking about pro-WWE online-plants in general discussion and how they'd never be on this site...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

Remember how we were just talking about pro-WWE online-plants in general discussion and how they'd never be on this site...

Yes, Offspring thought it was so ridiculous he decided he'd pretend to be one for a bit. He's gimmick posting.