DVDVR Message Board

Can we talk about Big Brother?

E.J.

Aaryn has to be one of the most unlikeable reality TV participants in history, even without all the racist shit. So of course she'll get another TV deal when she leaves the house.

The Aaryn Sisterhood of GinaMarie, Aaryn, Kaitlyn and seemingly Jeremy might have a shot at this thing with that whole Moving Company coup d'etat.

Helen and Elissa are just starting to show their strength, although Elissa seems to be set up to succeed by the show.

Howard rules.

The only way Aaryn wins is by her and Jeremy winning every contest, ensuring she doesn't go up, because at this point everyone in the house is sick of her, and none of them are thinking "Well, if I take her to the finals I win" yet.

The person to really keep an eye out for is Judd, who everyone seemingly likes in the house; the reason they keep him off TV is because CBS doesn't like the accent.

It's only been 2 weeks and we're almost ready for a race war in the BB house.  Can't remember a season start out this fierce.  Thought it was going to be a boring season with the Moving Company controlling the house ala The Brigade, but this is definately more interesting.  I could only imagine when Aaryn gets evicted, she might be the first contestant to be booed when she comes out of the house.

Not to spoil anything for you guys, but apparently the white girl trio were even worse last night, openly bullying Candace and Jessie because they have the misfortune of having to share a bedroom with them.

2 hours of it were shown on last night's Big Brother After Dark. It was very hard to watch the episode.

I lurk at r/BigBrother a bit, and the consensus seems to be that Judd is the "cutest" looking guy in the house, so he is going to poll well with the ladies.  Howard is pretty much over with everyone, and I would be shocked if he or Helen don't get the MVP this week.  If Elissa gets it again, its a work. 

This year is a weird dichotomy in the house.  In general, all of the girls are very attractive, and most of the guys are below average in looks.  However, all of the girls appear to be DTF, and the guys are all taking advantage of it, for the most part. 

They just finished the Have Not competiton, and Aaryn's an HN for the week. Well, now thru Tuesday or so. Comp wasn't shown on the feeds, but there's talk that some of her teammates of the day might've thrown the competition to make sure she'd suffer on slop.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, so we're halfway through the season and I must say that almost everyone in this house is unlikable. The only people I'm rooting for are Spencer and Jessie. Aaryn realized she was cornered once Jeremy and Kaitlyn got evicted and gave in immediatley to Helen/Amanda. 

Amanda is on a power trip and just bullies everyone into doing what she wants. Helen is just so transparent that it's hard to imagine her working in politics. Ginamarie is so dumb but I doubt she's going to be in the house much longer.

At this point I see Elissa making it to the final with either Aaryn or Andy. Elissa has seemed to be laying low and could coast to the final, and Aaryn will do as told by anyone in power. Andy's in a good spot where he's essentially a spy for Amanda's alliance.

Overall this season has some of the most dispicable season I've seen.

The longer the season goes, the worse it's getting.  The only entertaining thing left is the eventual Helen/Amanda show down.  Everyone else is playing for the benefit one of those two players.  I imagine unless either Jessie or Spencer win HOH, they'll be the next two out.

Previous seasons you at least had shake ups at this point. Most of the house is just following Amanda/Helen as you states above. It seems like they're evicting people based on who's the least threatening.

Someone really needs to break up McRanda, and its a simple as putting up McRae, then backdooring Amanda.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know if anyone is watching this anymore, but tonight's episode had pretty much the most brutal interview ever.  Julie Chen calls out Aaryan for the messed up things she's said about others in the house, pulling out direct quotes while Aaryan tries to pull the 'that's how we talk in Texas, it's all in good fun".  You can see her pretty much fall apart mid interview.  Chen is pretty cold blooded. 

Don't know if anyone is watching this anymore, but tonight's episode had pretty much the most brutal interview ever.  Julie Chen calls out Aaryan for the messed up things she's said about others in the house, pulling out direct quotes while Aaryan tries to pull the 'that's how we talk in Texas, it's all in good fun".  You can see her pretty much fall apart mid interview.  Chen is pretty cold blooded. 

It was pretty well deserved. The crowd wasn't having any of her apologies either. 

Julie is cold blooded? She said she was offended on her talk show and you can't blame her. They had to bring it up since it's been the talk of the season. I read that Aaryn told one of the other house guests, production had asked her to stop making racist remarks during one of her diary room sessions. Didn't work. Last week, she said, "At least we don't have to eat rice anymore", after Helen was evicted. 

I was dissapointed that Chenbot didn't go after her harder, but she probably couldn't because Aaryn is going to the jury house. It was very satisfying though when Aaryn came out and there was only a smattering of applause... just enough for her to know that it was an intentional dis.

I find it ironic though that normally when Southerners say/do some racist-ass shit, other Southerners are usually pretty quick to say "Hey, you can't judge all of us by the actions of these people"... yet Aaryn's defense of her racist-ass shit was "Well golly, I'm from Texas, and that's just how we talk in the South.  We don't mean nothing by it!". 

That was her go-to "oh shit, I'm getting called out on it, what so I say" reaction. I imagine if she owned up to it and said she was trying to work on herself then there'd be a little less backlash.

Also, The Exterminators! FUCK YES!

I'm kinda pulling for Spencer.  He has been on the block more than anyone in history, and he will go up at least once more.  I kinda like the idea of the winner of the whole thing being a guy that survived. 

Amanda had turned into a first class biotch by the time she was voted off, but she had been running that house without winning anything at all, and I appreciate that ability. 

I disagree with you. I feel like McCrae beats anybody in Final 2 even Andy. The jury knows about the Exterminators, and they'd know McCrae single handily brought himself their with wins, and he was in the power alliance at the beginning.