DVDVR Message Board

NXT TakeOver: Dallas.

The Natural

WWE is running a Twitter poll asking for a thumbs up/thumbs down on the show

34% said thumbs down

Wrestling fans are the dirt fucking worse

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

To me, complaining on the finish to the main isn't a nitpick. Joe had an all world performance tonight, and Finn is many things, but he's not THAT good. If Joe won tonight, I think he'd be "Back" like they hoped he would be when he debuted.

Joe losing means he's going to the main roster.  That's not a nitpick.  And holy shit, he fucking deserved it after that.

• Like 1

Nakamura was amazing, but props to Zayn. He was as solidly face as you could be in that situation; that's a credit to the both of them. 

1 minute ago, turk128 said:

yRzQA3S.jpg

Fully aware I'm a hopeless optimist... but what if this is the very moment that Vince Gets It?

Just now, El Dragon said:

But I don't WANT Joe to go to teh main roster! What can he do there that could equal what he did tonight? They aren't just gonna bring him in and have him kill Reigns after Roman takes the belt. What is there Joe could do on the main show that would actually get you excited?

Series with Owens? Joe/Lesnar?

• Like 1

BTW - a couple of people Tweeted about how they were sitting near Izzy and when Bayley lost she had a full on meltdown to the point her Dad had to leave with her

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I hope Sami's performance isn't taken for granted. He was AWESOME as well.  I think he's back to form.  I think he's on Joe and Nak's level right now. Those three and AJ and probably Cesaro. 

I can not wait for Cesaro/Nakamura.

• Like 1

Just now, El Dragon said:

But I don't WANT Joe to go to teh main roster! What can he do there that could equal what he did tonight? They aren't just gonna bring him in and have him kill Reigns after Roman takes the belt. What is there Joe could do on the main show that would actually get you excited?

John Cena announces he's back.  Joe comes in and murders him for being the star that he never was.  Instant feud.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

34% said thumbs down

I thought it was an amzing show, but in the heat of the moment, I probably would've given it a thumbs down after Joe lost.

I threw garbage at my TV screen.  I mean, it was mostly bite-sized Kit-Kat wrappers.  And they didn't make it very far because, you know, they're that flimsy plastic.  But I threw them as hard as I could.

• Like 2

Good show

Corbin put in a career performance tonight and it's gonna get forgotten and that's brutal

Bayley/Asuka had no hope of following Zayn/Nak no matter how well thought out it was

Joe and Finn get a gold fucking star for pulling the crowd back in. I thought for sure that match was doomed, and then they started with immediate bleeding and roughhousing and just treated it like a prize fight that had wrestling moves in it.

1 minute ago, sydneybrown said:

John Cena announces he's back.  Joe comes in and murders him for being the star that he never was.  Instant feud.

I've been wanting to see this for years. I mean they started in the same promotion and rose into their high positions in wrestling pretty much around the same time. Its a pretty obvious feud.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BL88 said:

Bayley/Asuka had no hope of following Zayn/Nak no matter how well thought out it was

Joe and Finn get a gold fucking star for pulling the crowd back in. I thought for sure that match was doomed, and then they started with immediate bleeding and roughhousing and just treated it like a prize fight that had wrestling moves in it.

Amusingly, I thought the crowd got really into Bayley/Asuka. It's just that they didn't get quite THAT into it that they did the previous match.

That's a match people are going to watch without Zayn/Nak before it and realize it's within earshot of the Sasha/Bayley and Becky/Sashs matches. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

34% said thumbs down

Clearly 34% of WWE Twitter fans are young/teenage girls.  That HAD to be their Hulk/Andre 88 moment.