DVDVR Message Board

NXT TakeOver: Dallas.

The Natural

Here be the card:

NXT Championship. Finn Balor (c) vs. Samoa Joe.

NXT Women's Championship. Bayley (c) vs. Asuka.

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Sami Zayn.

Apollo Crews vs. Elias Samson.

NXT Tag Team Championship. Scott Dawson/Dash Wilder (c) vs. Jason Jordan/Chad Gable.

Austin Aries vs. Baron Corbin.

What a card! Three great championship matches particularly the NXT Women's Championship, Shinsuke Nakamura and Austin Aries making their WWE main events. There's big expectations for this show. I hope and expect it to deliver as it should.

My predictions:

NXT Championship. Finn Balor (c) vs. Samoa Joe: Samoa Joe

NXT Women's Championship. Bayley (c) vs. Asuka: Asuka. This is the title match result I'm going back and forth on. Will all three NXT championships change hands?

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Sami Zayn: Swagsuke.

Apollo Crews vs. Elias Samson: Crews.

NXT Tag Team Championship. Scott Dawson/Dash Wilder (c) vs. Jason Jordan/Chad Gable: American Alpha/

Austin Aries vs. Baron Corbin: A Double.

My predictions:

Joe/Bálor: I've been going back and forth on Joe winning and Bálor snapping, or Bálor having his Club come out and help him get the win. Going with the former and saying Joe wins.

Bayley/Asuka: Asuka

Nakamura/Zayn: King of Strong Style

Crews/Drifter: I think Crews, but I don't know. 

American Alpha/Revival: I've been going back and forth on this one, too. For some reason, I feel like The Revival wins and American Alpha has to chase to one more special...but actually, looking at these other title matches where a beloved face will lose one and the other will have a guy who is heel or edging toward a heel turn winning, American Alpha is probably our pure babyface title win for the night that we can all enjoy. American Alpha.

Aries/Corbin: Corbin needs the win and I think they'll shock us here and give it to him. Corbin.

Predictions:

NXT Championship. Finn Balor (c) vs. Samoa Joe. Balor retains by holding on to the tights. I think the Bulletproof Balor Club will not be a NXT thing but a WWE thing. Mostly because I like the idea of the NXT Champion challenging the WWE World Heavyweight Champion after Reigns destroys Hunter, so Hunter sends his ace after him.

NXT Women's Championship. Bayley (c) vs. Asuka. Asuka kills Bayley.

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Sami Zayn. Gonna go with Zayn here because he's on the Mania card and I don't see him getting a win there.

Apollo Crews vs. Elias Samson. Sampson pulls off the victory

NXT Tag Team Championship. Scott Dawson/Dash Wilder (c) vs. Jason Jordan/Chad Gable. The Revival retains, American Alpha need a real chase.

Austin Aries vs. Baron Corbin. Aries gets the victory but Corbin still kicks his ass after the match

Joe beats Balor setting up the bullet club invasion at HiaC on Sunday.

Shinsami goes to a time limit draw with duelling boma ye helluva kick spots.

American Alpha win by DQ. The Revival retain.

Asuka wins. Long drawn out sub to give Bayley her standing O moment.

Crews wins a squash.

Double count out for Aries Corbin as they beat each other all over the arena.

I really think this is one of those rare times when a fuck finish is the way to go with the Tag Titles.  American Alpha has already rolled over the heel tag roster so where would they go after beating D&D?  Maybe Gallows and Anderson?  Anyway, that could use some build before going down that road.  I really think they could main event a Takeover with a gimmick tag match and do for that division what Bayley and Sasha did for the ladies.  Put them in a cage brother.  Put them in the cage.

My one complaint about the card is that it's at 10pm eastern. Because  (a) the eastern time is the most important timezone and everything should programmed and broadcast in our prime time and (b) it's Friday night and I have a social life. 

Otherwise I'm super stoked for Takeover! 

• Like 1

NXT Championship. Finn Balor (c) vs. Samoa Joe - Joe wins. Balor moves up to the main roster. 

NXT Women's Championship. Bayley (c) vs. Asuka - Bayley retains. I have a feeling this match is gonna be underwhelming. I hope I'm wrong. 

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Sami Zayn - Nakamura, since Zayn is now on the main roster. However, if Sami wins, expect the neckbeard brigade to complain how Nakamura is being BURIED!!!!!!11. 

Apollo Crews vs. Elias Samson - Crews, obviously. 

NXT Tag Team Championship. Scott Dawson/Dash Wilder (c) vs. Jason Jordan/Chad Gable - It's Jordan and Gable's time. Should be an outstanding match.

Austin Aries vs. Baron Corbin - Corbin is really improving, so this should be good. I think Aries wins. 

4 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

Sami vs Nakamura is the only match on the card with a really obvious winner.  That's kind of cool.

Yeah this is what makes this card even more interesting than it would be with just a bunch of great matches. Going into Brooklyn everyone knew Bayley and Finn were winning. I could see all the title matches on this show going either way.

I'm thinking all titles change hands at this card. Not that all the title losers will show up on RAW the next week, mind you. I can see Balor bringing in his Club to battle Joe, Nakamura, and Team Alpha through the spring.

On paper this looks like show of the decade, with only one match I'm not really arsed about in Crews/Samson (has this been confirmed?). 

Unpredictability, major name debuts, title matches, great professional wrestling build up. This is certainly my wrestlemania this year.

Predictions: Joe/Asuka/Nakamura/Crews/Revival/Aries.

• Like 1

All the lead up shows were filmed in Florida and Vince still has bias against southern wrestling?

They don't want anyone thinking there is any wrestling to be had Friday or Saturday? No Shimmer or any other promotion exists, just Axxess autographs and the HOF?

Anger that Bayley won March Madness and Roman didn't, so her show gets slighted?

Definitely agree about this card being hard to predict, but that's what a good wrestling promotion does. The only match I feel fairly comfortable with is Aries over Corbin since I'm guessing Aries is gonna be their next big face.

God, this show is less than 24 hours away. I don't think even the Dallas traffic will drag me down tomorrow.