DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Wagons 3-28-16

MGFanJay

That 6-man drug on and on and on and on. Forever. And a wasted Zayn pin on Owens which should have been end result of a long build.

Favorite part of the night?  "That's a dangerous weapon" - JBL deadpan as Jericho hits Ryder with JBL's cowboy hat.

• Like 1

I think Roman was purposefully looking dejected and pissed off as some form of foreshadowing for a turn, to Niners point he has been booked as a badass since his comeback, it's a pity it's probably too late, the overwhelming crowd apathy and disdain is a complete overreaction to what is a really fucking good wrestler. 

Crowd was awful too tonight, RVD chants in 2016? really? 

• Like 1

I accept and totally embrace the fact that Eva is out there solely to troll the smarks. And she does it brilliantly. 

Rest of the show ranged from great (Shane!) to blah(Kalisto-Viktor), but I think overall they did a decent job at building up 'Mania. The depleted roster had to have put a massive wrench in the works for Wrestlemania, but I think they've recovered as well as can be expected. 

I give kudos to the writers for at least attempting a storyline with Total Divas vs BAD and Blonde (ugh. That name) even if it is hastily put together and doesn't make sense. It beats a battle royal at least. Baby steps. 

I need Becky to win the Diva's Title at Mania. Her character has been beaten and screwed around so much. She could use this. 

4 minutes ago, Charlie M. said:

Looks like Shane has been borrowing supplements from his brother-in-law.

I feel bad for Undertaker because it seems like Shane's just legit going to punch him in the fucking face because he can't throw a worked punch.

I knew it would be Eva!

WWE creative basically boils down to everyone on this show is a loser but tune in to find out who is less of a loser on Sunday.

Roman doesn't deserve a lot of the flack he gets BUT the man has no babyface fire. I'm not sure that's something you can learn either. I'm sure you can to a point but people like Rick Martel seemingly had it from Day One.

More and more, it seems like Reigns is someone who's in the business solely because his plans at making it as a football player fell through and it just happens to be an industry in which he has family connections.  Interviews like this one seem to highlight as much.  http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/os-roman-reigns-wwe-20160327-story.html

Reigns said the only thing that bothers him is when vocal males “set a bad example” for kids in the crowd, trying to turn outspoken concern with the product on the vocal dissenters.

“A lot of times, these pay-per-views and Monday Night Raws, they’re on school nights so it is a lot more of a grown-up feel. I think if you pick and choose and just think with logic, everything will be all right. That’s just one thing, you have to be concerned with the example we’re setting. At a show, I’m not the only role model. These kids are sitting next to these other grown-ups and they’re seeing how these people act. That’s just a reflection of what they see and they probably act the same way,” Reigns said.

"If you boo me, you're being a bad role model for kids".  LOL.  He doesn't get it, and doesn't sound like he ever will.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Zheroen said:

He doesn't get it, and doesn't sound like he ever will.

Except that's not what he said if you read the full interview.  He said if someone wants to boo him, they paid for a ticket and it is what it is. An exact quote:

I say if you earned your money, no matter how you did it, you should spend it how you want.

If that's what brings you joy, if you want to boo me, boo me. If you want to cheer me, cheer me. Either way, I'm going to go out there and do my thing. I'm going to have fun, I'm going to bust some [expletive] and try to do it again the next day."

But you've got grown men getting drunk, cussing, throwing shit at him and calling him f****t.  He said he wasn't concerned with them.  And who should be concerned with guys who live to scream I WANT TO SNIFF NIKKI'S PANTIES in public.

Just now, Burgundy LaRue said:

Except that's not what he said.  He said if someone wants to boo him, they paid for a ticket and it is what it is.  But you've got grown men getting drunk, cussing, throwing shit at him and calling him f****t.  He said he wasn't concerned with them.  And who should be concern with guys who live to scream I WANT TO SNIFF NIKKI'S PANTIES in public.

Nice bleeding-heart strawman argument about creeper fans, which has fuck all to do with why fans dislike Reigns.  He also said this:

“Typically if you hear the boos, it generally is grown men my age and I’m not really in this business for the grown men,” Reigns said. “I’m in this business for the families. That’s what we are; we’re a PG product. We’re a family-based product. We’re here to entertain families and give them enjoyment. If you’re a 30-year-old man and you want to flip me off at a kids show, then, hey, like I said, you paid your money but just be careful because you could get kicked out.”

The average viewer of WWE programming is 41.4 years old.  Spare the THINK OF THE CHILDREN! bullshit.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zheroen said:

More and more, it seems like Reigns is someone who's in the business solely because his plans at making it as a football player fell through and it just happens to be an industry in which he has family connections.  Interviews like this one seem to highlight as much.  http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/os-roman-reigns-wwe-20160327-story.html

"If you boo me, you're being a bad role model for kids".  LOL.  He doesn't get it, and doesn't sound like he ever will.

Well sure, he's a father and adults shouldn't be hurling abuse and expletives towards wrestlers they loathe for no real justifiable reason other than their own dumb agenda. I don't see anything wrong with what he said. 

I think he clearly get's his character, he's transformed back into the ass kicker he was in the Shield as of recently, it wasn't his fault a senile old out of touch owner of everything wrestling mismanaged him to the point of no return.

Just now, Zheroen said:

The average viewer of WWE programming is 41.4 years old.  Spare the THINK OF THE CHILDREN! bullshit.

He's not wrong, though.  They are trying to bring in more kids, with the animated movie crossovers and whatnot.  The problem with WWE is unlike Pixar, they don't know how to produce a product that both fan groups can enjoy.  It becomes a jumbled mess.

But hey, say bullshit to me is a great conversation breaker, though!

Just now, Burgundy LaRue said:

He's not wrong, though.  They are trying to bring in more kids, with the animated movie crossovers and whatnot.  The problem with WWE is unlike Pixar, they don't know how to produce a product that both fan groups can enjoy.  It becomes a jumbled mess.

But hey, say bullshit to me is a great conversation breaker, though!

BULLSHIT

• Like 3

Did anyone get the impression that Dean wasn't even aware that he wandered into a wrestling show.  That maybe he was just in phase 2 of his easter egg hunt...which in his mind begins by gathering weapons for hunting eggs on easter.

Remember, it's not an easter-egg hunt.  It's an egg-hunt that just happens sort of around easter. 

But it goes on until they're all dead.

Phase 3 begins tomorrow.  You might want to get your grocery shopping done tonight.

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Not sure what to make of that Ambrose-Lesnar segment.  Brock's reactions to Heyman were hilarious, but where did Ambrose find the money to buy a monogrammed Radio Flyer as a shopping cart?  He probably sold plasma or refinanced his right kidney.

You act as if he doesn't have spare kidneys lying around.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Except that's not what he said if you read the full interview.  He said if someone wants to boo him, they paid for a ticket and it is what it is. An exact quote:

But you've got grown men getting drunk, cussing, throwing shit at him and calling him f****t.  He said he wasn't concerned with them.  And who should be concerned with guys who live to scream I WANT TO SNIFF NIKKI'S PANTIES in public.

a pair of Nikki's panties after running a few miles on a July day or a fresh pair straight out of the dryer?