DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Wagons 3-28-16

MGFanJay

The Taker-Shane brawl was nuts, and a huge risk to take for Shane (and Taker) given that WM is so close. Shane of course fell short on the elbow, and Taker got sliced to Hell - but it made the WM match more exciting. Heyman's promo on the Brock-Dean match was amazing. He hyped up the match in a way that tied it into WM 30, and thus made every Taker match at WM after WM 30 seem important because 2 years later, it's still being brought up in current events. And then Dean came out with a little red wagon and went shopping under and around the ring for things to put in the wagon. And they tried with HHH and Roman, and everything died. Didn't help that the show-closer happened after they gave the crowd a 20+ minute meaningless match with everything on Earth being chanted but "Chyna" - that was saved for HHH's promo.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2016/03/raw-3-28-16.html

Screens -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/73p7t4mvosktshi69oyhqd9oaz3xztw6

They tried but I think that Roman/Hunter match gets heavily crapped on. No saving it. Shane and Taker segment was cool, Shane is a madman.  That should go on last.

I know there were injuries but this was one of the more underwhelming builds to WM that I can remember. 

I really think if this current stubborn, senile old man Vince was running WWF in the late 90s, the go-home Raw for Wrestlemania 15 would have been Stone Cold Steve Austin staring across the ring from his biggest challenger, blossoming young babyface star the Blue Chipper Rocky Maivia, while "Die Rocky Die" chants flow from the audience. 

• Like 4

I saw quite a few people on Twitter saying "oh my God, WWE is so stupid, they really thought Eva would be cheered???"  No, Eva came down and did one hair pull and then paraded around oh so proud of herself and the other divas really didn't even want to shake her hand or embrace her.  I think she's the new Bo Dallas.

1 minute ago, Hagan said:

So, no Cena on the show? And aren't the majority of legends supposed to be doing shit at WM? Maybe you'd want to hype that. 

Cena has had some set backs and is now out until July at the earliest according to the last reports.  

"You still suck."  Roman has mid-90's Shawn Michaels heat with NYC.  

Screw it, there's no saving Reigns. 

You are all sleeping on the much, much bigger crime:  Eva Marie is getting a Wrestlemania payday while Bayley is still on NXT.   

Fuck everything about Mania except the 7 man IC match. 

2 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

You are all sleeping on the much, much bigger crime:  Eva Marie is getting a Wrestlemania payday while Bayley is still on NXT.  

Why would you wish a main roster call-up on Bayley?  What has she ever done to you?

• Like 12

Let's look a little further down the road here.  The only time I remember the crowds going nuts for roman during all this was when he attacked Hunter after the PPV and when he attacked Vince on RAW. If they had continued down the ass kicker path he'd be much better but they didn't and he's flopping pretty hard out there.  Vince is set on giving him the gold I would assume.. 

So what happens?  He holds the belt for a few months until they finally figure out he's dead and then put the belt on Cena at SummerSlam?

3 minutes ago, Casey said:

Bayley is going to lose the title to Asuka at Takeover, then she'll be the surprise replacement for Eva on Sunday ala Daniel Bryan/The Miz at SummerSlam 2010.

Fuck that, keep her far the fuck away from the stench of Total Divas, except occasionally allowing one of them to enter her ring, so she can suplex them onto their head.  

She'll win March Madness (maybe), so, for now, let's just let reality sink in and you guys can come to grips that she'll be on the main roster imminently and she'll be ruined just like Sasha and Becky have been.

Looks like Shane has been borrowing supplements from his brother-in-law.

I feel bad for Undertaker because it seems like Shane's just legit going to punch him in the fucking face because he can't throw a worked punch.

I knew it would be Eva!

WWE creative basically boils down to everyone on this show is a loser but tune in to find out who is less of a loser on Sunday.

Roman doesn't deserve a lot of the flack he gets BUT the man has no babyface fire. I'm not sure that's something you can learn either. I'm sure you can to a point but people like Rick Martel seemingly had it from Day One.

• Like 1