[MM16] FINALS: SASHA BANKS vs. BAYLEY

RIPPA

[MM16] FINALS: SASHA BANKS vs. BAYLEY  

142 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE THE WINNER OF MARCH MADNESS 2016

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

I bet FSW would vote for Bayley.

Do you guys really want that kind of evil on you?

You know... maybe he has served his time...

• Like 11

29 minutes ago, Jrag said:

Question 2.  This one is multiple choice:

Serenading someone while they are being beaten in the ring is ______________

A. Equivalent to cheering for a comeback

B. A weird thing British people do

C. Creepy

D. Option B and C

I was there and I didn't. Mainly cos I couldn't see, also because I'm a Sasha Banks loyalist, maybe even because I'm not creepy. Mostly the first two though.

• Like 1

I would like to reiterate how repulsive I find that Full Sail crowds (was it originally on the behest of that ultimate shitbum, Mojo Rawley?) have a Bayley chant based on "hey we want some pussy" to the character that is more or less everybody's figurative little sister. UNDERLYING CREEPINESS. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

How much time we got left?  

Earliest I would close it at 9 AM tomorrow

It will be based on how close and number of votes cast

The most votes we had in a poll was roughly 134 - we have 120 so far. So if I feel like all the votes are cast - that will make it easier to close.

Latest it will close is Noon tomorrow (either way - I will post warnings)

I think closing it at a 60-60 tie and crowning them co-champs is the best way to end this.

The wrestling story of the past year was Sasha and Bayley.

1) Bayley had to overcome her self-doubt to become the champion. This required her to defeat mean girl Sasha, who sold herself out to get to the top. Bayley held true to herself and won for Izzy and girls like her everywhere. Bayley doesn't become the hero she is without a foil like Sasha. And Sasha doesn't become the villain without Bayley representing the common person.

2) On a more meta level, they showed that women's wrestling does matter. They (and Charlotte and Becky) anchored NXT. NXT is still a fun and great sub-promotion without women's wrestling. But with The Horsewomen (and the next generation), it's just WWE's fake indie league. It's a better FCW. But the women made NXT important and vital.

We can argue about the mechanics of the arm-work of Sasha and Becky or Bayley's underdog carry job against Nia Jax. That's minutiae.

2015 was their year. Let's give it to both.

• Like 8

Women's wrestling had been established as a strong part of the show with Paige-Emma and then Charlotte-Natalya.  Sasha-Becky was a match that (IMO) raised the bar in the sense of "I knew it'd be good, but I had no idea it'd be THAT good".  The two Takeover matches between Sasha and Bayley had lofty expectations and lived up to them, especially in the case of the Ironman/woman match where they were put in the position to have a great match and delivered.

I say this despite the fact that I abstained from voting.

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

I would like to reiterate how repulsive I find that Full Sail crowds (was it originally on the behest of that ultimate shitbum, Mojo Rawley?) have a Bayley chant based on "hey we want some pussy" to the character that is more or less everybody's figurative little sister. UNDERLYING CREEPINESS. 

The first time I heard that chant I thought the crowd was being lecherous.  For about 5 seconds I understood why people complain about wrestling crowds, but then I realized they were saying "Bayley" not "Pussy" so I stopped being mad.

2 minutes ago, supremebve said:

The first time I heard that chant I thought the crowd was being lecherous.  For about 5 seconds I understood why people complain about wrestling crowds, but then I realized they were saying "Bayley" not "Pussy" so I stopped being mad.

...How does "pussy" remotely sound like Bayley?

I have to ask people to give in to their dark side. Give up what little pride you have that there is some decency on this Earth. And sure, you can use Bayley as your contrarian point, but come on. It is only a matter of time before she is out on Raw either being as ineffectual as a pre-turn Emma and Adam Rose. You know Vince is going to ruin her. You know it and I know it. If anything, he'll enjoy twisting the character and tearing asunder whatever hopes that she or you Bayley supporters may have.

And I get your fascination with Bayley. In a post attitude era world, Bayley did something that you could not even imagine happening. She made innocence as a character trait feasible in an industry headed by a man who would doesn't know what that means. Empathy is integral to the character which goes hand and hand with wrestling like flowers and vomit. In a world where feeling like you are the best and having a can do attitude are the default, a character with a lack of self-esteem and confidence is fucking incredible like a rose growing out of concrete. Bayley made you care. Bayley returned your smile when WWE made you numb to pain.

But Sasha is BAE. Sasha is hardened. I mean hardened like you do in Drago Age Origins to Leliana because fuck that cute shit. Sasha's character has to be the most interesting character that I have seen in the barely meta WWE world without breaking the fourth wall like CM Punk's horrible "Phil Brooks and Phil Levan...whatever the fuck HHH name is" promo. It's tale of what you have to do to be successful in the WWE world and the resentment you feel for not being yourself to make it. And she unleashes that resentment on Bayley every time she looks at her. It's Randy Savage after Hulk Hogan stole Miss Elizabeth away from him. It's Brett Hart after the world turned their collective backs on him. That struggle to me as clever a character can be in the WWE. And yeah, you might not like hip-hop culture and find it odd that the best wrestler of 2015 took homage from Nicki Minaj, but gimmicks like that are usually comedy gimmicks or racist caricatures. The fact that Sasha is seen as a legitimate character and competitor in a sub-culture that mostly hates hip-hop and definitely despises Nicki Minaj should speak wonders. 

Vote for BAE. 

tumblr_o4mm7zsjiB1rrvy2po3_500.gif

• Like 3

If I did it right - this thread will automatically close at Noon EST tomorrow (there is a little message now so I think I did it right)

For the finals, I am not going to use my vote as the tiebreaker IF the results are tied. I feel way too hinky about that.

I am still trying to decide what I want to do - we shall see at Noon tomorrow.

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

If I did it right - this thread will automatically close at Noon EST tomorrow (there is a little message now so I think I did it right)

For the finals, I am not going to use my vote as the tiebreaker IF the results are tied. I feel way too hinky about that.

I am still trying to decide what I want to do - we shall see at Noon tomorrow.

Declare Dragon Lee and Kamaitachi the write-in winners. 

18 minutes ago, Kyuubi said:

...How does "pussy" remotely sound like Bayley?

tumblr_o4mm7zsjiB1rrvy2po3_500.gif

First and foremost, stay away from my woman.  She doesn't want you, and it is getting kind of creepy.

Bayley and pussy do not sound alike at all, but the "Heeeeey, we want some Baley" chant is done in the tune of 2 Live Crew's "Hey We Want Some Pussy."  The first time I heard it I thought they were being dickbags at first.  It didn't take me long to realize that isn't what they were saying Bayley, but for a second there it was a little off putting.

• Like 1