DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] FINALS: SASHA BANKS vs. BAYLEY

RIPPA

[MM16] FINALS: SASHA BANKS vs. BAYLEY  

142 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE THE WINNER OF MARCH MADNESS 2016

This poll is closed to new votes

How was Bayley's run with Emma early in the voting period? I don't remember them being that special even though both ladies were amazing very soon after that. I'm not saying it totally equals Sasha's misuse on the main roster but that plus the downtime from the hand injury might balance things out.

49 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

I was just at MSG and Sasha legit got one of the biggest pops of the night, so I'm voting for her based on that.  Sorry, Bayley.

Outside of the voting period. Disqualify this man's vote!!!!

• Like 2

Irrelevant points:

What the hell is march madness anyway? What criteria do we even use for this? Best wrestler favourite wrestler? Best entrance music? Best tights? What about their twitter game? What are we even arguing about?

Relevant points:

Was it in the voting period?

They both rule. They are both important. They both know how to tell stories.

I think the Divas Revolution worked out fine. I am not sure what people were expecting or thinking. They shoehorned three new characters in a pretty directionless division. They introduced them. They then had stable feuds that eventually broke apart, as stables always do. They had multiple angles with women at once. They rivalries were based on professional jealousies and not "stop sleeping with my man" or "I am hotter in a bikini." Things got complicated by injuries to Nikki. 

They thought Charlotte -- an athletic wunderkind who is the daughter of the most legendary wrestling of all-time -- would work as a face. It's easy to see why they thought that. It didn't. They recalibrated. Charlotte has been a great heel. Becky became a really good face. Sasha was hurt and found footing as the badass. They have told a really tight story leading up to the biggest show of the year.

I know people will slag on me or whatever, but I am not wrong in any of this. At all.

That said, I vote Bayley. She is the lynchpin of NXT and has had great matches with a ton of different workers of various levels of skill and ability. 

17 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

What if I want to send visual representations of my junk to Amish ladies?

You're going to need some parchment paper and sealing wax.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

It's better to vote for actual output than for What Ifs. 

I'm calling shenanigans on this one.  It's way too late in this year's tournament to start changing the voting rules. Save it for next year.

Looking back, Charlotte as a terribly miscast babyface had MUCH better matches with Nikki than Sasha did and Sasha was given time to do so as well.

That along with the atrocious cringeworthy Team BAD segments is enough to seal my vote for Bayley. A lot of her fans may be cringeworthy but I won't take that out on her.

I voted Sasha. I'm fine with either one winning. Sasha was the best heel of the last year and Bayley was the best face. 

The one time that I got to see Sasha Banks live, she was on commentary. I would like to see her at a house show. By all accounts, she looked great in NXT house shows and was good in weekly TV matches, too. 

4 minutes ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

I'm calling shenanigans on this one.  It's way too late in this year's tournament to start changing the voting rules. Save it for next year.

There are no rules, or more accurately, none people will follow. Thats why its foolish to take it seriously to get upset about results. :)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

That said, I vote Bayley. She is the lynchpin of NXT and has had great matches with a ton of different workers of various levels of skill and ability. 

It cannot be said enough how much of a minor miracle some of the matches have been.  Sasha has been working with at least competent women since being called up, so if she had great matches it's easier to see why.  But Bayley (along with whoever else put the match together) got a good smoke and mirrors match out of Eva f'n Marie.  And considering how green Nia has been before/after their Takeover match that was a pretty good one also all things considered.  And while Carmella isn't bad per se, that a fun title match as well.  Part of it is the physical aspect of the matches, but Bayley's so good at telling a story to hook you in.  In reality she was definitely not losing to Nia, yet the way Bayley was acting in that there was definitely that moment where it seemed possible.

I wish I could mention her work with Amanda, Aaliyah, and whoever else, but that's outside the voting period.  But if they were and they were good matches then I'd just say end the poll now and give it to Bayley.  But much like she's done throughout her career she's going to have to earn this one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

I meant on the main roster. They were given time. We were talking on PWO about Cesaro the other day, because people who were more casual didn't understand why he was so revered, because he just seemed like a power spot guy. 

Jingus came in with this reply:

Jingus, on 24 Mar 2016 - 10:24 PM, said:

Cesaro, by WWE standards, should have never gotten as over as he did. A generic foreign heel, with no promo ability, with a very average look, with no gimmick beyond Wrestley McStrongman? There's no fucking way that guy should become popular with the crowd. It's a testament to Cesaro's talent, effort, and intelligence that he still conceived and executed a method to get over anyway.

Everyone is sleeping on this. Wake the fuck up, people.