• Shinsuke Nakamura

BAYLEY

Beat:

• Rey Misterio Jr
  • Cesaro
  • Pentagon Jr
  • AJ Styles
  • Mil Muertes

If other people are to be believed, I am not sure why I am bothering to run a poll since clearly those two matches where all Sasha while Bayley just stood there as an object to be worked around.

Grr...

• Like 1

I think it comes down to the voting period here. Sasha might have taken it if it was 2015 as a whole, but she languished on the main roster to utter silence for a huge chunk of the period while Bayley was having varied matches against different opponents as a babyface ace. The Alexa, Eva, Nia, and Carmella matches were all good and all felt different. Add in the fun tag matches and some of the house show footage we have (including another good Alexa match) and it seems pretty clear to me. I'm not sure what Sasha has over the last 9 months or so other than working with Bayley. 

• Like 2

That reminds me

People have a really loose definition of "great" around here since I have seen more than one person say "Sasha has had great matches on the Main Roster"

• Like 1

This one now comes down to quantity OF quality.

Both ladies were amazing but Bayley got to stay in NXT and keep having good matches and great character driven stuff after the the amazing series with Sasha.

Sasha was sent to the main roster to languish because, well, that's what happens to great NXT talent when handed to the hapless boobs that run Raw.

Bayley wins!

It would seem more of the spite voting will come against Bayley

DreamBroken is still bitter Bayley beat Cesaro

The LU crowd is bitter she beat Pentagon Jr and Mil Muertes

Vic - if he could - would vote against her for beating Rey Jr

• Like 1

Sasha was a much better worker in NXT, Bayley had the better story but has kind of just stayed the course while her fellow Horsewomen left to main event Wrestlemania (The triple threat is the main event right?) However Bayley had a rather fun match with Eva Marie. But Sasha was part of the my MOTY in Becky vs. Sasha.....so I'm voting Sasha (even though I'd rank Becky, Asuka, and Emma over all three)

I went to a WWE house show last night, Sasha looked pretty unpolished in that setting, timing looked off, moves didn't connect well, none of the Divas looked good but she didn't look any better then Naomi or Tamina and worse then guys like the Miz and Adam Rose. Makes me feel more like her great stuff was smoke and mirrors. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

You and I, and everyone here knows, Sasha won this tournament in this exact moment:

Making little kids cry is easy

It's way harder being a baby face (especially a super sugar-pop one) and you know it

• Like 2

I chose Bayley, but really wish there was an option C for both of them.  Long and short of it, they've had similar paths from how they'd dream about it as kids to the way they started out.  The transformation over time might not have led one to believe they'd eventually face off.  But in hindsight the way they were going through it all they were destined to feud.  Bayley had to toughen up after her naivety did her in initially, and Sasha had to go from nice girl to the in-your-face woman she is set on world domination.  And seeing the transformation with both, their feud came at the perfect time when their characters and work were in top form.  We saw them grow and it led to us caring so damn much for them both.  You might prefer one over the other, but they needed each other to get to that point.  I mean, how fucking crazy is it that despite all the cool entrants in this tournament the finals are between two great women?  That's a testament to what they both did to raise the bar in NXT and it made people want so much more than what they were getting on the main roster.

As for the main roster, it's easy to believe Sasha languished there at the start.  But things are done differently there than in NXT, so I'm sure it took some getting used to.  That, and the Divas Revolution thing was awkward as hell for all three callups at first.  But guess what?  They're in Wrestlemania and people really care about them.  Sasha's bringing a lot to the table and is doing just fine.  And she's only going to get better.  But her NXT work alone would more than be enough to carry her through.

I've said many a thing about Bayley in previous matchups, but basically she made the jaded fan that I am believe like I was a kid.  She has that special quality that makes her the ultimate babyface and that's not a trait that grows on trees.  As much as I love Sasha I'm going with Bayley.  I can't wait to see what she does when called up, but fucking hell her NXT run's been amazing.

I was leaning Bayley when the tourney started, but the more I think about it I have to go with Sasha. IMO the 3 best women's matches in WWE history took place during the voting period, and Sasha was the best wrestler in all 3 matches. Bayley closed the gap in the iron man match, and has clearly stepped up her game this year. She's better at carrying slugs to good matches than Sasha, but Sasha/Becky smokes any non Sasha match Bayley had.

When both were in the same environment in NXT I preferred Sasha's work. I know people say it's harder to be a babyface today than heel, but I don't think that's true in NXT. I feel it's harder to be a heel in NXT when the fans know you're good. It's very very close, but The Boss get's my vote.

• Like 1