Racket Girls
The Girl in Lovers Lane
The Touch of Satan
City Limits
The Beginning of the End
The Girl in Gold Boots

• Like 1

On 11/26/2017 at 7:20 AM, Sasha said:

I don't see any reason why Jonah wouldn't be back. It's not like the plot of the host segments ever really mattered, and the MST3K Mantra means they can retcon practically anything.

Jonah can return with fixed eyes, since he doesn't wear glasses anymore.

• 2 months later...

R.O.T.O.R., No Retreat, No Surrender, Manos, Miami Connection, Samurai Cop.

There's also a Rifftrax Twitch channel that constantly cycles through B stuff (although most of it is the same stuff on Prime)  Balloon Land is something everyone must experience.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

MST3K is going to be touring live this year with Jonah and Joel. They're coming to Boulder in November. In totally jazzed.

And it looks like they're coming to DC in October.  I have a good feeling we're going which will be pretty cool.

Speaking of the shows at Baltimore Comiccon last year one of the producers that's been with the show the whole time was at a table (name escapes me).  They were selling autographed script books of Eegah! from the Baltimore show they did.  He was so, so nice and had some fantastic stories to tell about the tour.  Definitely a super-cool experience for sure.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

And we now know most of the movies.

Spoiler

12.1 - Mac & Me

12.2  - Atlantic Rim

12.3 - Lords of the Deep *no trailer*

12.4 - The Day Time Ended 

12.5 - Unknown

12.6 - Ator (Prequel to Cave Dwellers)

• 1 month later...

Not all the jokes land, but when they do, I quite like them. "Coke-eotomy" in Mac and Me was probably my favorite. 

Whoever was doing the impression of Graham Greene during Atlantic Rim really nailed it. 

Atlantic Rim is a big reason I don't understand the phenomenon around The Room. Low budget movies that are steaming festering turds and so awful they are comically awful are not that much of an anomaly. 

They got a bunch of good jokes, but they didn't quite correct the issues from last season, the two biggest being the voices aren't distinctive enough, and they go full throttle on the jokes, so some of them don't get enough room to breathe before they're onto the next one.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2018 at 3:10 PM, TheVileOne said:

Not all the jokes land, but when they do, I quite like them. "Coke-eotomy" in Mac and Me was probably my favorite. 

Whoever was doing the impression of Graham Greene during Atlantic Rim really nailed it. 

Atlantic Rim is a big reason I don't understand the phenomenon around The Room. Low budget movies that are steaming festering turds and so awful they are comically awful are not that much of an anomaly. 

I think for things like The Room and Birdemic there is the added element of earnestness. Atlantic Rim was made by a company that knows it is making cheap crap and a bunch of people who are phoning it in knowing they are in cheap crap. The Room and Birdemic have this added element of being auteur projects made by a maniac with a vision of some great breakthrough that will make them famous and who have a mixture of total badass audacity in their confidence and total inexperience and ineptness at every single aspect of crafting a story and filming it.

They are also this even more unique thing where the film-makers are immigrants who have this naive swagger that they are going to show up in Hollywood, pour some money into a movie, and become big shot producers overnight but who seem to have a literal alien being's cluelessness about what a movie is supposed to look like or how other people see them or about what American culture looks like.

The combination of a visionaries sense of self-confidence and a complete detachment from reality gives them extra charm beyond something like sharknado which is like machine manufactured crap designed by AI to capitalize on a ready-made market for crap.

That said, the scene in ATLANTIC RIM where the entire scene is one guy telling his friends everything that we just saw happen in the previous scene like a nine-year-old was the funniest thing I've ever seen.

• Like 2