DVDVR Message Board

The MST3K Thread

Ellsworth Toohey

• 3 weeks later...

Rev Ray gon get me misty-eyed about the glory days of Comedy Central

I might tear up at the mention of Dream On or Ab Fab

whatever happened to Brian Benben anyway?

Ab Fab was awesome, though I discovered it post-Comedy Central days.  I met Joanna Lumley briefly and have a picture accordingly.  More recently, she also signed her autobiography for me when I sent it out with a SASE. 

He was a regular on Private Practice (the Grey's Anatomy spinoff) during the last several years of the show. 

He only has about four screen credits since the Brian Benben show was canceled in 2000.  Several years on Private Practice, a tv movie, one episode of Masters of Horror, and a regular gig on Kingpin (NBC crime series from about 10 years ago, lasted 6 episodes).

Rev Ray gon get me misty-eyed about the glory days of Comedy Central

I might tear up at the mention of Dream On or Ab Fab

Ab Fab was awesome, though I discovered it post-Comedy Central days.  I met Joanna Lumley briefly and have a picture accordingly.  More recently, she also signed her autobiography for me when I sent it out with a SASE.

Night after Night with Allan Havey ...

• 4 weeks later...

I watched the last CC episode, Laserblast, on Netflix (funny, some of the MST3K uploads there seem to be taken from VHS copies, many even include the Comedy Central end tag at the end).  What a train wreck that movie was! 

And is it me, or does Mike era = more "x IS y" and "Tonight, on a very special..." jokes? 

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

On a sidenote Bill Corbett brought this up

A BIG thank-you to all who sent such kind thoughts for #mst3kturkeyday. You are amazingly nice and lovely people, and I appreciate it.Unfortunately #mst3kturkeyday has a bittersweet side since I + other cast / writers haven't made a cent from MST3K since it ended in 1999.
I LOVED being part of MST3K and loved my colleagues on it but the business side is gross, contrary to the MST3K spirit.Any of these business things could change anytime but Best Brains doesn't want 'em to. It has soured an awesome thing.But I want to thank all of you wonderful fans for being so generous over the years. You've made it more than worth it! OK enough business junk. Back to having fun and stuffing faces. (Well, my own.) HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

• 5 months later...