DVDVR Message Board

The MST3K Thread

Ellsworth Toohey

Not for nothing, but those KTMA episodes are pretty bad.  The show became so much better when they started scripting it.

Either season 1 or 2(proper) had one of my all time favorite jokes, but I can't remember the film.

Guy in the movie: "Hey, I don't want any trouble" *picks up pipe wrench*

Crow: "So I'm gonna come at you with this pipe wrench"!

Also....

"What do you know, Trumpy"?

"Food.  Eating.  Theatre".

Pod People.  Also the home of the Potato Soliloquy.

I remember Pod People.  It's probably a top 10 episode for me, the Potato bit was so great.  The other movie I can't remember for shit.

I agree that the show stayed strong no matter what the cast was.

Not for nothing, but those KTMA episodes are pretty bad.  The show became so much better when they started scripting it.

Either season 1 or 2(proper) had one of my all time favorite jokes, but I can't remember the film.

Also....

I remember Pod People.  It's probably a top 10 episode for me, the Potato bit was so great.  The other movie I can't remember for shit.

I agree that the show stayed strong no matter what the cast was.

I'm not saying I disliked Mike...I watched those ones too.I'm just saying he's weak cheese.... as Tom Servo definitively answers at 2:14

Also....

Joel doing the Smuckers jam ad voice in that one cracks me up every time

Also....

"Who does he think he is, an L.A. cop??"

I'll echo that the first few seasons are a shadow of what it became. I'll take Mike over Joel, New Crow over Old Crow, but Forrester/Frank over Pearl/Bobo/Brain Guy.

The Match game skit kills me ot this day, as does the insanoty of th dysfunctional Orville Reddenbocker skit. Rex Dart... ESKIMO SPY! also gets me for no good reason.

and DAMMIT! I wish The Rat Pacl Chess Set was real!

James

My God, he really is the most relaxing comforting easy-going human to not have the word Lama in his name somwhere.

I'm terrified I'm going to find out some day that he had violent mood swings on set or something.  But something tells me, Joel is like the one dude who really is as laid-back and awesome as he seems...and is essentially un-agitatable.

I want so much to be that.  He's achieved a kind of ideal perspective and mood level to get through life. 

I'm filled with rage and envy that I'm not like that...and see...that's, like, the problem

so random notes of my dubbing of MST3k eps to DVD.  Finding comedy bits with Dave Attell and Greg Fitzsimmons with full heads of hair.  Playstation "You are not ready" commericals.

Sneak peaks at the new series:  Dr. Katz Professional Therapist.

• Like 2

so random notes of my dubbing of MST3k eps to DVD.  Finding comedy bits with Dave Attell and Greg Fitzsimmons with full heads of hair.  Playstation "You are not ready" commericals.

It's equally as weird seeing matches of Christopher Daniels with hair as it is seeing Attel & Fitzie with hair.

so random notes of my dubbing of MST3k eps to DVD.  Finding comedy bits with Dave Attell and Greg Fitzsimmons with full heads of hair.  Playstation "You are not ready" commericals.Sneak peaks at the new series:  Dr. Katz Professional Therapist.

Any clips of Marc Maron on Short Attention span Theater?

I've had a few Marc Maron bumps, one generic commerical where I think he was talking about Health Care and giving people Jack Kevorkian's contact for a doctor and then a plug I think for SAST.

The newest tape I'm working on has had a bunch of Patton Oswald and I'm assuming Blaine Capatch doing the schedule annoucements.  One one of the tapes, there's a really young Joe Rogan doing standing up in a field or farm commerical.  I'm not sure if I have hit any of the Jeff Ross doing poetry bumpers.

A few commercials with them doing bits about the original olympics being done in the nude by Hanes with Marvus Albertus trying to do play-by-play, I think this is for around Dream Team

Now I'm watching a trailer for Happy Gilmore coming out in the theaters.

A few of these have had Exit 57, the show that had several of the people who'd go on to Strangers with Candy (Stephen Colbert and Amy Sedaris)

It's equally as weird seeing matches of Christopher Daniels with hair as it is seeing Attel & Fitzie with hair.

I will bump up the weirdness factor on Daniels of seeing Daniels with long hair when he was sort of doing a Raven gimmick.

• Like 1

I will bump up the weirdness factor on Daniels of seeing Daniels with long hair when he was sort of doing a Raven gimmick.

That sounds fantastic!