DVDVR Message Board

The MST3K Thread

Ellsworth Toohey

I will say I prefer Clay/Frank over Pearl & company, though.

Frank was the heart and soul of that show.  When I see a Clay/Frank...as soon as I see Frank I just sort of sink into pure bliss.  He's the one guy that I start laughing as soon as I see him, no matter what he says or does.

The man was perfect.

My preferences 

Mike > Joel

New Crow > Old Crow (But it's clooooose, Old Crow is funny, but New Crow is meaner)

Forrester > Pearl (I REALLY don't like Pearl)

Frank > Bobo/Brain Guy (Which isn't really fair, Brain Guy/Bobo are funny but Frank is Frank) and they're all three >>>>>>> then Josh Weinstein's character

Movies with the Mike/Murphy/Corbett crew > movies with the Joel/Murphy/Beaulieu or Mike/Murphy/Beaulieu

I came into the show when it was on the verge of being canceled, but find the early episodes (First 2 seasons, at least) almost unwatchable at times.

My preferences 

Mike > Joel

New Crow > Old Crow (But it's clooooose, Old Crow is funny, but New Crow is meaner)

But the whimsy, man!  What about the WHIMSY!????!??!

I liked the interplay between gullible, idealistic romantic old-crow and mean, realist asshole Servo.

I always wished I was more of an old-Crow...but always had to admit I was a Servo.  Fuck I just Smantha/Miranda'ed this thread.  I'm so sorry.

In my defense, old-Crow had a thing for Kim Catrall before she became a monster.

Not for nothing, but those KTMA episodes are pretty bad.  The show became so much better when they started scripting it.

Either season 1 or 2(proper) had one of my all time favorite jokes, but I can't remember the film.

Guy in the movie: "Hey, I don't want any trouble" *picks up pipe wrench*

Crow: "So I'm gonna come at you with this pipe wrench"!

Also....

"What do you know, Trumpy"?

"Food.  Eating.  Theatre".

• Like 1

Is anything up with RiffTrax?  Nothing new since March, though I assume they're just taking a break and waiting for Star Trek Into Darkness, The Wolverine, etc. to hit home video.

Anyways, I've come to prefer Cinematic Titanic over RiffTrax since the addition of TV's Frank and Pearl to the group.  I think RiffTrax is just Mike, Kevin, and the other guy writing the jokes, whereas Cinematic Titanic is more of the "core" writers from the early years (minus Mike Nelson, obviously).

Is anything up with RiffTrax?  Nothing new since March, though I assume they're just taking a break and waiting for Star Trek Into Darkness, The Wolverine, etc. to hit home video.

They've been doing shorts, and they were busy working on the Twilight kickstarter deal which eventually turned into Starship Troopers. They have a new live riff of Night of the Living Dead next month.

Do we know what the deal with the Twilight live Riff was? The Kickstarter met it's goal very quickly, then with little to no fanfare, was changed to Starship Troopers.

AFAIK, the studio wouldn't sell them the broadcast rights to Twilight. A shame, but Starship Trooper was a hell of a lot of fun.

Not for nothing, but those KTMA episodes are pretty bad.  The show became so much better when they started scripting it.

Either season 1 or 2(proper) had one of my all time favorite jokes, but I can't remember the film.

Guy in the movie: "Hey, I don't want any trouble" *picks up pipe wrench*

Crow: "So I'm gonna come at you with this pipe wrench"!

Also....

"What do you know, Trumpy"?

"Food.  Eating.  Theatre".

Pod People.  Also the home of the Potato Soliloquy.

• Like 1