DVDVR Message Board

The MST3K Thread

Ellsworth Toohey

• 3 weeks later...

Slowly making my way through the new eps- so far, Beast of Hollow Mountain and Starcrash are my favorite experiments. Possibly because they're entertaining/watchable in their own, vastly different ways.

Spoiler

"It looks like a community theater performance of Guardians of the Galaxy!" That line made a GD fool out of me on a packed airplane coming home from Vegas. Legit tears.

Since bird migration has stopped for a few months, I've had a chance to pick up watching again.  The Yongary episode was what I hoped it could be.  

Though they didn't say, it's kind of implied that Yongary is bleeding out from his ass when he dies at the end, right?

Happy Intergalatic Gorgon Day/National Lobster Day

TeenagersfromOuterSpace-Gorgon3.jpg

Chugging along with episodes with recent hot days.  Wizards of the Lost Kingdom had perhaps the most absurd guy as an "action" hero in Kor the Conqueror. 

just finished the series one:

Were they teasing that Kinga has a second set of test subjects in the The Christmas That Almost Wasn't or that it may be an alternate dimension with a different test case?

On 6/26/2017 at 0:27 AM, Rev Ray said:

just finished the series one:

Reveal hidden contents

Were they teasing that Kinga has a second set of test subjects in the The Christmas That Almost Wasn't or that it may be an alternate dimension with a different test case?

Spoiler

I think they're alluding to there being different test subjects. Remember Tom and Crow getting freaked out by the "child's drawing" depicting 2 SOL's in Reptilicus?

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Control said:

I am saddened that we've yet to hear anything about another season. Netflix is usually quick with renewals. If there isn't one I'll be insufferably pouty.

Joel talked about this last week. They and Netflix are still in negotiations on S2. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I remain in awe of Starcrash for the simple fact that did  a movie with Marjoe Gortner and didn't even once take potshots on his fake elementary school preacher upbringing. Also, seeing Dvid Hasseloff with such a smooth babyface was truly terrifying.

The Wife and I are on to the first Lost Kingdom movie. Is Bo Svenson channeling Joe Don Baker (given that Bo replaced JDB in the Walking Tall series) in Mitchell to play this lumpy swordsman?

James

• 2 months later...

So what was the final tally of eps? Pluto feed was very wonky but I saw Day The Earth Froze (my personal favorite), Night of the Blood Beast, Warrior of the Lost World and Overdrawn at the Memory Bank. 

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
On 11/24/2017 at 7:00 AM, Pete said:

So what was the final tally of eps? Pluto feed was very wonky but I saw Day The Earth Froze (my personal favorite), Night of the Blood Beast, Warrior of the Lost World and Overdrawn at the Memory Bank. 

Add the Girl in Lovers Lane and Santa Claus. I think that's where they ended.

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

I don't see any reason why Jonah wouldn't be back. It's not like the plot of the host segments ever really mattered, and the MST3K Mantra means they can retcon practically anything.