DVDVR Message Board

Hap & Leonard

OSJ

Just discovered the thread. Watched season 1 three times now. One time with my dad,who loved it. Then another time with my lady,who loved it. Then another time when I was stuck in bed with my lower back in spasms.

When season 2 aired I didn't know it was airing. Then another lazy weekend when my back was hurting I laid down and watched all of season 2. 

Hyped as fuck for season 3. Great show. i need to read more of the H&L books. I have only read one. Which was the only one the local library has. 

• Like 2

On 2/27/2018 at 12:22 AM, Curt McGirt said:

I have never read any of the books. 

*runs and hides his head in shame*

EDIT: Okay, to that end, which one should I get first? It will be purchased immediately. 

Savage Season. BTW: The ISFDB is your friend on stuff like this when I'm not around. ;-)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

New one tonight (haven't been keeping up sadly) was typically great. Da Diceman as a sleazy Jewish DJ is refreshing from him imitating a sleazy misogynist Italian, and his Southern accent dropping soon as he gets off the air is fitting. This series seems to build to a peak every time where the shit seriously hits the fan on one ep and it looks like next week must be it, now that they've got all the exposition out of the way. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Of course I missed last week and checked in this morning for some

Spoiler

serious heartbreak

Woof. Lansdale and his adaptors are incredible. Williams and Purefoy are incredible. And...

Spoiler

Louis Gossett Jr. getting to shoot a Klansman in the mouth from the hip is probably the best thing we'll see on TV this year