DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] FINAL 4: MIL MUERTES vs BAYLEY

RIPPA

[MM16] FINAL 4 - MIL MUERTES vs. BAYLEY  

126 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

This is what I said about Mil in the last round, relative to Brock:

Mil, on the other hand, manages to elevate everything around him. He may have been a cog in the machine, but he was an invaluable one, and that machine helped to establish the tone for LU season 1, and then completely changed it for season 2. Anyone who gets a shot in on him looks better for managing it, even if they're about to get destroyed.

and I meant it. I just don't think it helps him nearly as much here, because Bayley did that as well.She was part of the 2014-2015 Divas Revolution NXT women's roster. She was one of the horsewomen, a cog in that machine helping to hold up detailed, workrate matches. Then, when the other three left, she helped redefine the division, really redefine NXT as a whole, as a babyface ace facing all challengers. She more than held up her end changed the entire tone and tenor of the division in a very positive way, providing us with something we haven't had in years, a babyface champion with a relatively long reign, who overcomes the odds, and that people can believe in. It's one of those things I think we took for granted in the past and that we didn't realize how much we missed until it came back to us.

• Like 1

Voting for my bracket on this one. I've been bingewatching Season 1 the last few nights and Mil is currently my favorite wrestler on there on account of him just potatoing the shit out of everyone, but I haven't seen enough to say definitively he was one of the best in the voting period.

also Bayley/Eva Marie is my favorite match* of 2015 so that's worth something

*My Favorite =/= The Best. I am a sucker for fuck finishes and dog & pony shows, so that match was entirely my shit.

14 minutes ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

Just anwer the following question:

Who would you hug without fearing for your life? Exactly!

I would most enjoy hugging Catrina. The fear of death would probably make it hotter. Bayley's supposed to be hugging impressionable children, not middle-aged creepshows.

• Like 2

Which is more likely in the event we suddenly got this fight again:

Mil Muertes adds Bayley and her never-give-up, never-say-die attitude as another skull to his throne, or Bayley hugging Mil Muertes so hard he becomes Ricky Banderas again and just walks away, completely absolved of the powers of death?

Man. Both of these are such pure characters. Mil feels like the kind of insane comic book villain I'd have written in an efed (in the good way) but Bayley is the kind of amazing, incorruptable face that somehow remains loveable instead of grating over time that you just don't see much anymore. 

Mil is everything goofy and weird I love in wrestling.

Bayley is everything charming and sincere. 

But Bayley also made me feel emotions and get sucked in like no one else in 2015 so she gets my vote.

I didn't want to make friendship bracelets with the Hulkster or play Barbies with Sting.

I watch wrestling to see scary people fuck each other up not wonder what rainbows are made of

Edited by tromataker
penis too large