DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] FINAL 4 - SHINSUKE NAKAMURA vs. SASHA BANKS

RIPPA

MM16: FINAL 4 - SHINSUKE NAKAMURA vs. SASHA BANKS  

129 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

39 minutes ago, The Unholy Dragon said:

2015 wasn't even really a great year for Naka. Outside the AJ match there was a lot of wheel spinning in the period and he also sat out the last month entirely while between contracts and didn't really do much of anything past 1/4.

He was super fun in Fantasticamania. Nak may not be the most consistent wretler in the world but I don't see an argument for Sasha over him based on volume. Peak I could begrudgingly accept (the G1 Climax final is a top three 2015 match from me and none of the Sasha-Bayley matches come close) but volume? Nah.

I loved Nak/Styles, but I probably will watch that match again maybe once in my life at most. Same with Nakamura/Ishii from last March (I think) which I also really loved, if I am remembering my matches right. 

On the other hand, Bayley/Sasha might be a top-five all-time match for me, and though I ranked it more highly than Becky/Sasha, I don't know it it's actually even Sasha's best match last year. 

I see no way that I personally can justify Nakamura over Sasha via volume or peak or character work or anything. Which sucks since I really enjoy him. 

You guys are spending far too much time looking at Sasha's ass and ignoring the wrestling. She's fun, she hits some cool, goofy high spots. One of the most entertaining women in wrestling to be sure. Nakamura is simply godlike. Not only would I rate him the best of the last ten years, I could make a very compelling argument for him being top-10 all-time! Nak in a walk.

5 minutes ago, OSJ said:

You guys are spending far too much time looking at Sasha's ass and ignoring the wrestling. She's fun, she hits some cool, goofy high spots. One of the most entertaining women in wrestling to be sure. Nakamura is simply godlike. Not only would I rate him the best of the last ten years, I could make a very compelling argument for him being top-10 all-time! Nak in a walk.

I would love to hear it since I have him about seventy spots lower on my gwe ballot.

OSJ, maybe you're spending too much time looking at Nak's ass to vote rationally in this thread!

Which, you know, I wouldn't blame you because Nak has the strange sexual allure of a slightly-crazy, yet amazingly charismatic man who probably sleeps in a pockmarked metal shed in someone's backyard. Like Dean Ambrose or Sun Myung Moon or Russell Brand. 

• Like 1

My good fellow, people who publicly admit to hating Lucha Underground should maintain a respectful silence when the finer points of the rasslin are being discussed.

The thing is, I don't think there's much argument that career to career Nakamura is better than Sasha. He's had a solid decade as a top guy in probably the 2nd biggest promotion in the world. But that's not the discussion. It's about who had the better run from March 2015 to February 2016 and I absolutely believe that's Sasha.

So, I'm going to take your avoidance of my point Re: Nakamura's ass as a tacit admission of lustful feelings toward said ass. I think that even though you like LU, we can at least agree about the awesomeness of Nakamura's whole personage, including, of course, his behind. 

I would never hold liking LU against you, either. I enjoy quality cooking, but every once in a blue moon, I like to eat a Totino's frozen pizza. Likewise, I know from past posts that you enjoy many great things about wrestling; your love of LU is simply the equivalent of scarfing down crap and enjoying it. 

• Like 1

Well, if you consider the time period, Banks has pretty much done not squat since July, when she got called up, besides work some short matches and dance with New Day. So was the first half of her year better than the entire year for Nakamura?

Nobody ever votes on the time period for the most part, they just cite it when it's convenient to prop up their favorites.

The best part of the whole thing is reading some of the silly justifications.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jstout said:

Well, if you consider the time period, Banks has pretty much done not squat since July, when she got called up, besides work some short matches and dance with New Day. So was the first half of her year better than the entire year for Nakamura?

Yep, the thirty-minute Ironman match against Bayley didn't happen in October. I just dreamt it. 

Well, and Banks/Bayley I was in August, but I just assumed that you really meant "August" when you typed "July."

36 minutes ago, jstout said:

Dont forget her win over Bayley on UUDD.

5 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Yep, the thirty-minute Ironman match against Bayley didn't happen in October. I just dreamt it. 

Well, and Banks/Bayley I was in August, but I just assumed that you really meant "August" when you typed "July."

It's much more of an issue when you put her up against Bayley, because Bayley had those two takeover matches against Sasha and then the entirety of her babyface ace run and was holding up around half of a touring brand on top, while Sasha was squandered on the main roster for close to half a year. They are very comparable and Bayley has a much more complete year. It might be slightly different if it was just 2015 but from a March to March period, it's pretty distinct.

8 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

I would never hold liking LU against you, either. I enjoy quality cooking, but every once in a blue moon, I like to eat a Totino's frozen pizza. Likewise, I know from past posts that you enjoy many great things about wrestling; your love of LU is simply the equivalent of scarfing down crap and enjoying it. 

You can throw shade now but we'll have the last laugh.

n7H-zjCK_400x400.jpeg

17 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

So, I'm going to take your avoidance of my point Re: Nakamura's ass as a tacit admission of lustful feelings toward said ass. I think that even though you like LU, we can at least agree about the awesomeness of Nakamura's whole personage, including, of course, his behind. 

I can only shake my head in sorrow that you, obviously a man of taste and refinement based on your past posts have such a horrible blindspot to the greatness that is Lucha Underground. As far as any observations regarding Nakamura's posterior or nether parts as it were, that has been strictly limited to wondering if I (with rather a larger behind) could also rock the red glitter pants he has made famous. Fortunately, cooler heads prevailed and I remain content in my basic black wardrobe.