DVDVR Message Board

SOME QUICK TIPS ABOUT NEW BOARD

RIPPA

Okay - very quickly since we are all over the place here

CHANGING THEME

There is only one to change to at the moment (I will try and find a theme or two in a minute to help with the selection). But if you want to change. Scroll to the bottom of the page. Right next to "contact us" is a drop down box labelled Theme

NOTIFICATIONS

The new board comes with A LOT of notifications turned on. Go to the Top Right Corner - click on the bell and select Notifications Settings and then adjust accordingly

SPOILERS

While there is still spoiler tags it looks like old ones didn't carry over. So read threads at your own peril right now. I will probably start a lot of new threads.

More to come as I discover them

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

NOTIFICATIONS

The new board comes with A LOT of notifications turned on. Go to the Top Right Corner - click on the bell and select Notifications Settings and then adjust accordingly

So I've changed them in the notification settings, but every time I load a page I get a popup on my left hand corner from Firefox asking if I want to recieve notifications from the page. Is there something I can do to where it doesn't ask me every time or is that still being worked on?

Edit: Disregard, quick fix in Firefox settings took care of it.

I am sure some people are wondering - if you had folks on ignore that should have carried over.

And now you access your list directly from your profile tab in the upper right corner

(Not sure if this is going to be the new board feedback thread or not...)

Is there a way to widen the board layout?  The old board used the full width while the new one has sizable areas on the sides now on my monitor.  Is it something that needs to be changed in the theme or is that just the default for Invision boards now?

So... is that + Quote thing gonna be at the end of every single post no matter what or is there a way to turn it off?  I'm sure I'd get used to it eventually but it is the one thing that sticks out as a negative at this point (other than waiting for a few more themes to arrive).

^^ That's right. If there's been new content in a thread, its title will be in bold and there will be a circle icon on the left of the title, which will take you to the first unread post. (This will be a star icon if you've already posted within the thread.)

If you accidentally go into a thread which you've already read, you'll be able to see the cut-off visually because a blue horizontal line separates the last read post and the first unread.

My secret tip is that if you want to split a quote into smaller parts, then it's dead easy; just click within the quote and click enter a couple of times to create a new line between the point where you want to make the break. Then in that new line, tap enter twice and it will split the quote there.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, username said:

So... is that + Quote thing gonna be at the end of every single post no matter what or is there a way to turn it off?  I'm sure I'd get used to it eventually but it is the one thing that sticks out as a negative at this point (other than waiting for a few more themes to arrive).

Yep, it's a core feature. If it's not present in every post, how would you expect to quote it?

The + is a separate feature called Multiquote. Click the icon on the various posts that you wish to have in your response, then click on the "Close x posts" button which appears, and the relevant posts will appear inside quote boxes within the editor.

Another new feature is the ability to mention people. Type @ and then start typing the username. When the one you want appears in the popup, click the name and it will appear formatted like this ( @RIPPA ) and the person will get a notification to say that "X mentioned you in Y".

Oh FYI - I am finally able to up the number of likes permitted in a day

So I have raised it from 10 to 20

I don't trust you fuckers enough to go to unlimited

• Like 12

Conflict of interest.  Rippa is Rippamandering the likes count!

WE NEED TIGHTER CONTROLS!!!!  In fact, maybe even a total freeze on new likes entering the board until we can check them all out carefully.

Like this post and I'm going to make you all so tired of winning. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh FYI - I am finally able to up the number of likes permitted in a day

So I have raised it from 10 to 20

I don't trust you fuckers enough to go to unlimited

Can't like this post because of that.

Is there a way to be able to see the board-code directly when posting rather than the GUI?

33 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

Is there a way to be able to see the board-code directly when posting rather than the GUI?

Click on the Source button - top left of the reply box.

I believe that is what you are looking for

Hey - are you guys seeing who likes your posts? (Like the old way the board did it)

Right now I am just seeing a total number and I get a notification that "Somebody" liked my post

But when I look at the reputation option - it shows names being displayed.

So I am just wondering if it is a notification I turned off or if it is not working for everyone